Hardware Dead eMMC swapped for a new one, but...

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, guys. I am the dude with the previously-dead emmc.

Well, I ended up acquiring a new eMMC from China and it arrived yesterday. Since then, I have been trying to restore my rawNAND.bin without success.

Whenever I try it, it shows me the warning that you can see on the picture, in red.

https://imgur.com/bIAmbkK

I was reading that other guy's guide on upgrading to a new eMMC, and it mentioned it needs to restore GPT. So I go and inject gptrestore, and I am greeted by the message:

"Invalid eMMC capacity! Only standard 32GB eMMC are supported."

I believe I was able to 'see' the emmc on HacDiskMount as a physical drive, and it shows 59 GB of space total. But when I try to get a deeper look into it, HacDiskMount won't allow me, as it says that both primary and secondary GPT are bad.

Any ideas or tips I might try?

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India

Well, I ended up acquiring a new eMMC from China and it arrived yesterday. Since then, I have been trying to restore my rawNAND.bin without success.

Whenever I try it, it shows me the warning that you can see on the picture, in red.

I was reading that other guy's guide on upgrading to a new eMMC, and it mentioned it needs to restore GPT. So I go and inject gptrestore, and I am greeted by the message:

I believe I was able to 'see' the emmc on HacDiskMount as a physical drive, and it shows 59 GB of space total. But when I try to get a deeper look into it, HacDiskMount won't allow me, as it says that both primary and secondary GPT are bad.

look at 1st post and ask that guy how he did it
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-nand-upgrade.517923/

Last edited by Budsixz,
Reactions: Seelbreaker

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

try checking this

nand upgrade

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, I was reading that yesterday, but fell into a loop to try and use gparted. I definitely need a linux machine, right? I tried running it on a VM with a live iso but it wouldn't 'see' the emmc.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yeah, I was reading that yesterday, but fell into a loop to try and use gparted. I definitely need a linux machine, right? I tried running it on a VM with a live iso but it wouldn't 'see' the emmc.
It is, I wouldn't call it complicated, just "hard" to follow.
You need some sort of linux machine. VM is enough (my favorite is VMWare, try that).

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It is, I wouldn't call it complicated, just "hard" to follow.
You need some sort of linux machine. VM is enough (my favorite is VMWare, try that).
Considering I'm shitting my pants on trying something harder, I guess I will stick with the 32 option by just restoring the regular nand backup.

At this moment, all I want is to see it all working again.

The mod hekate is certainly doing the job - restoring the 32GB dump.

Sir, if this works, I will tip my hat off to you on a video, along with everyone else's names who have been helping me.

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ev...Even Me???
If you have done something I should be thankul for, yes. I don't think you have, as all you've done is somehow mock my attempts and topics for no reason whatsoever.

Also, an update: nand restore is 100% ok. When I try to boot into atmosphere, the logo shows up for a second and then I get a message, 'NXBOOT': Key Derivation failed.

Any further info?

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after you use the special hekate, im sure you can hex or gpart the remainder, by increasing the size of the user partition :)

Reactions: chankarik

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
after you use the special hekate, im sure you can hex or gpart the remainder, by increasing the size of the user partition :)
Great to hear. Thanks once again, Canna.

Any ideas on the Key Derivation failure while booting up atmosphere?

Also, somehow I can't boot into OFW - the console goes straight into RCM all the time - and auto rcm is disabled.

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great to hear. Thanks once again, Canna.

Any ideas on the Key Derivation failure while booting up atmosphere?

Also, somehow I can't boot into OFW - the console goes straight into RCM all the time - and auto rcm is disabled.
maybe your backup had autorcm on it
check it with briccmii

personally, id check with hacdiskmount that all the biskeys are ok, and use choidujour to update the system version now its working, then you can use gpart or a partition program to increase the size of the userpartition to fill the remainder..
I think it maybe your boot0/1 anyway but a choidujour nx or .exe will fix this...

Last edited by Canna,

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
briccmii has shown me the following:

All BCT entries PUBKEY INCORRECT

which I believe means autorcm was enabled on the restored dump, hm? Then I pressed + to try to repair them all, but got to:

Finding correct pubkey...Unable to find correct pubkey!

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
briccmii has shown me the following:

All BCT entries PUBKEY INCORRECT

which I believe means autorcm was enabled on the restored dump, hm? Then I pressed + to try to repair them all, but got to:

Finding correct pubkey...Unable to find correct pubkey!

replace repair your boot0/1

also some off comment info
http://pascoe.pw/2018/09/switchnand.html

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Right, so can I use someone else's boot dumps?

And then decrypt it with their keys and re-crypt them again using my own console's keys?

I can't retrieve my keys in any way, though.

HacDiskMount won't allow me to open the emmc partitions, since it says both GPTs are bad.

I can't use gptrestore, as it says it won't work for memories other than 32 GB.

I'm going crazy and feeling like I'm going full circle.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Right, so can I use someone else's boot dumps?

And then decrypt it with their keys and re-crypt them again using my own console's keys?

I can't retrieve my keys in any way, though.

HacDiskMount won't allow me to open the emmc partitions, since it says both GPTs are bad.

I can't use gptrestore, as it says it won't work for memories other than 32 GB.

I'm going crazy and feeling like I'm going full circle.

What firmware are you on? If you want to go to 6.1 you can use choidujour and just generate the new firmware and flash them

Reactions: Onlyd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: