Dead DS (classic, not Lite)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by clark2k, Jul 20, 2006.

Jul 20, 2006

Dead DS (classic, not Lite) by clark2k at 1:19 PM (777 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. clark2k
    OP

Member clark2k GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Hello

I have a V.7 flashed DS that has been working normaly for about 2-3 months. One night I put it to recharge, and the other day it was just not turning one. When I plug the AC adapter on the wall and plug it on DS, the recharge LED blink for about 0.5 sec, a quite sound noises from the speaker and nothing more happens.

I already exchanged the battery and AC adapter with a non-flashed DS of a friend but it still did not work :'(

Does anyone have any idea? Should it have anything with the fact it's flashed?

Hope someone give me a light... [​IMG]

2. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Well, if it has been working normally I don't think it's the flashing. I think it's something else. Maybe you dropped it, or something...
    The Flashme has a built-in firmware reovery option, in case of malware. Look into that, maybe that can help. If it doesn't, I think it's a hardware fault.

It's still under warranty, right? Try returning it, and mum on the flashing [​IMG]

3. Rayout

Member Rayout GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well try to contact nintendo about the problem. Try to get it replaced.

You can also ask bitblt:
    http://scdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2648

He is running a DS/DSL recovery service. He buys broken/bricked DS systems and repairs them for others. Seems to be pretty successful. I don't think he's really making any money doing it, more of a hobby, I think he charges $10+shipping. Anyways send him a message, he will probably at least have an idea about what is broken with your DS and see if its worth fixing.

4. ds6220

Member ds6220 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well, there is always the infini-return option at Wal-Mart if you kept the original packaging for it. Of course, that option is a bit dishonest...........V0.7 flashed? Nevermind. Return it to Wal-mart. [​IMG]