some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I have the same problem described here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-compaq/304332-c700-cq40-cq45-dv4-dv5-dv6-hdx18t-insyde-bios-recovery-using-usb-thumbdrive.html , but I've got an AMD processor instead of an Intel. (model:dv6-2066dx) I did the steps like renaming the file and my laptop reads the file in the usb BUT after all the beeps and the LED in memory stick is not flashing anymore the computer doesnt shut down itself. I've already waiting for an hour and the laptop still won't shut downon its own (as it is said it should shut down on its own after flashing) . Does this mean that the flashing wasnt successful?
Edited post from here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-compaq/304332-c700-cq40-cq45-dv4-dv5-dv6-hdx18t-insyde-bios-recovery-using-usb-thumbdrive.html
I'm having the same problem as described above. I've tried reflashing the BIOS but it seems like it didn't actually flash it and it wont turn on, the caps lock and scroll lock lights blink. Can someone help me please ?

I read the steps and downloaded the most recent bios file which is 3635F04.fd. I looked in the platform.ini file and saw that it had several diff sets of numbers ranging from 3635 - 3539 & 363A. I made multiple file names using all 6 names and used 3 file extensions including .bin, .fd and .rom. That's about 18 diff file names,

I followed the instruction on page 1 and my cmoputer started beeping and whirring. 1 minute into the beeping, the thumb drive led stopped blinking. the beeping stopped too.

Upon rebooting, the laptop still wouldn't post and I still had a black screen and the flashing caplock & numlock key.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IIRC, dead BIOSes shouldn't make your caplock and numlock go blink. Also the beeping meant that it was flashing the bios, iirc.

Have you checked the RAM?

EDIT: And yeah, usually the laptop should reboot itself after the flashing :(

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Best course of action I can think of - call HP technical support.

It's generally advised not to touch BIOS at all unless you know what you're doing. This includes updating BIOS, as a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" principle applies. If BIOS has a failed flash or gets even slightly corrupted, you've pretty much got a brick on your hands and it usually takes a pro to fix a broken BIOS flash.

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
it's bricked, it won't turn on. I've tried a lot of files and they have the same issue.
Caps Lock/Num Lock LED - Component - Tested Error Condition
LEDs blink 1 time - CPU - CPU not functional
LEDs blink 2 times - BIOS - BIOS corruption failure
LEDs blink 3 times - Memory - Module error not functional
LEDs blink 4 times - Graphics - Graphics controller not functional
LEDs blink 5 times - System board - General system board failure
LEDs blink 6 times - BIOS - BIOS authentication failure​

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.