Dead Baby Pills Spark Customs Crackdown in South Korea

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
South Korea has seized thousands of smuggled drug capsules filled with powdered human flesh and is strengthening customs inspections, officials said Monday.
The capsules were made in northeastern China from dead babies whose bodies were chopped into small pieces and dried on stoves before being turned into powder, a statement from the Korea Customs Service said.
Customs officials refused to disclose where the babies came from or who made the capsules, citing possible diplomatic friction with Beijing. Chinese officials have been cracking down on the production of such capsules since last year.
The customs office has discovered 35 smuggling attempts since August of about 17,450 capsules disguised as stamina boosters, and some people believe them to be a panacea for disease, the statement said. The capsules of human flesh, however, contained superbacteria and other harmful ingredients.
The smugglers told customs officials they believed the capsules were ordinary stamina boosters and did not know the ingredients or manufacturing process. Fake and altered drug and food items have been a serious problem in China.
Ethnic Koreans from northeastern China who now live in South Korea were intending to use the capsules themselves or share them with other Korean-Chinese, a customs official said. They were being carried in luggage or sent by international mail.
The capsules were all confiscated, but no one has been punished because the amount was deemed small and they weren't intended for sale, said the customs official, who requested anonymity, citing department rules.
China's State Food and Drug Administration and its Health Ministry did not immediately respond to questions faxed to them Monday. But the problem of treatments made from dead fetuses or newborns has been recurrent. Chinese media identify the northeastern provinces as the source of such products, especially Jilin which abuts North Korea.
The Jilin province food and drug safety agency is responsible for investigating the trade of such remains there. Calls to the agency and to the information office of Jilin's Communist Party were not answered Monday.
The South Korean agency began investigating after receiving a tip a year ago. No sicknesses have been reported from ingesting the capsules.

Source:http://www.nbcwashin...-150402435.html

I am horrified and disgusted.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Chopping up and drying babies, which, believe it or not, happen to be rather hard to come by in huge quantities compared to other sources of protein that are readily available seems like going really out of your way for something that could be achieved easier, cheaper and legally.

Does the powder have any occult or otherwise "magical" use?

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, I believe that this is what happens when the value of money is higher than the value of life...
Which part of "still-born or aborted" implies lack of valuing life? They were not killed for the purpose, they were bought dead. Still nasty, but not malicious, at least.

SOURCE: http://www.dailymail...baby-flesh.html

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how old were the babies?
I'm wondering how this is at all relevant to the topic at hand.
...I was going to say that babies are like wine but...

Wait, I just did. Damn.

and they vary by region.

but i was just wondering as it makes a difference story wise. i mean the story is already pretty macabre, but if the babies were actual babies born alive and well then there would be more implications like actual murders for the making of such pills.

i saw a movie called dumplings were this woman makes dumplings from fetuses to stay young and i thought that could easily be based on true events.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU