deactivating a vita on henkaku

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by RitchieRitchie, Feb 15, 2017.

1. RitchieRitchie
    OP

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    Okay, this is a long story but I'll try to make it short. I just lost/had stolen my vita on 3.6 (with a 64gb memory card - aah!). I have another 2 vitas (for my sons) which were/are activated with my psn account. So I had 3 activated ps vitas - one of which I don't have any more.

I have another vita on the latest fw which I would like to activate - can i deactivate the vita I lost without deactivating my sons at the same time? Actually, does it make a difference to their vitas if they are decativated as they don't go on the internet and won't be updating anyway?

I don't have a ps3 or ps4.

Any advice appreciated!

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Unfortunately the only way to deactivate a console without actually having it is by deactivating all consoles on the PSN account site.

Login to your PSN account on a web browser, go to Accounts, Media and Devices, then "Deactivate all". This will deactivate all your consoles, including the Vita you don't have anymore.

RitchieRitchie likes this.
  3. RitchieRitchie
    OP

Nov 15, 2013
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. Do you know how this will affect my other 2 vitas that my sons use? Will they still be able to play all their games (a mix of ones i bought and others)? Can you play in ad hoc mode with decativated vitas?

cheers

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    It's possible official games might not run, but other than that it should be fine.

I would imagine ad-hoc would work fine, since it's strictly device to device communication and doesn't use any PSN connection whatsoever. But that's as long as the official games work.

5. RitchieRitchie
    OP

Nov 15, 2013
    That's a good point - if their vitas don't connect to psn how do they 'know' they've been deactivated if I do it online the way you suggest?