Homebrew DDD and titledumper do not work on Windows 10

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an "this app can't work on your PC" error whenever I try to run it through command prompt. I'm trying to dump a Wii U VC game, and I am the only account user on here. Not to mention, I'm using an admin account, so why the hell am I getting this error on Windows 10 when trying to sync my IP address to the Wii U? I want to use DDD, but if this is happening, and since Wii U USB helper is useless without the keys, what other ways do I have? Any help and recommendations would be useful. Thank you.

I'm on the verge of giving up, worst case scenario, I can try it on my old laptop, but this is very weird, never had this happen before.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never had any issue on windows 10 with DDD

That's not helping, though. It loaded up fine earlier yesterday, but then suddenly stopped working and it used to open up the command window fine. Why it stopped, I don't know.

Edit: System info

4REMXr6.png

Soooooo no, not a 32-bit OS.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd. All the WiiU related tools I've used did work perfectly, from Windows 10, for the time I was doing stuff and actually used my WiiU, lol.

Yeah, I know, it's very weird :unsure: Worst case scenario, I can always use my laptop. Just for the record, the command should be something like

E:\title>titledumper.exe /vol "/dump/"

yes?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I know, it's very weird :unsure: Worst case scenario, I can always use my laptop. Just for the record, the command should be something like

E:\title>titledumper.exe /vol "/dump/"

yes?
As far as I remember it's something like that yeah.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I remember it's something like that yeah.

Like, again, earlier yesterday, the batch file I made with that command worked fine, but I must have set the IP to the wrong address on the Wii U and it never dumped (go fig), and when I tried it again,
it all went to hell in a handcart. So, yeah, if I can't get this to work, I'll have to set it up on my laptop. There's no reason why it should work once, and not work again on a 64-bit OS. To those who're
doubting it's 64-bit, please look at the screenshot above. If it were 32-bit, I'd be limited to approx. 3.75 GB instead of 16 GB RAM. *sigh*IDK what else to do.

Edit: What's weird, is that if I make a new folder, without a batch file, and just command prompt, it works, but when I do make a batch, it doesn't work even after removing the batch file. So, something is off.

Edit 2 update: Got it to work, I had to use CMD and manually direct to the folder where the app was, as well as enter the command. I cannot make a batch file at all, otherwise it breaks, so for now, I'll do it this way.

@VinsCool got it running now :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse