DC's Legends of Tomorrow

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't tend to watch DC films or Marvel TV shows but thought why not here. Equally where my knowledge of Marvel stuff was helped along by 90's cartoons my knowledge of DC consists of Batman and I guess they have superman as well but I have never sat down and watched more than the old live action TV show with him in and probably the films if they were on TV. Looking this up apparently several characters featured on previous TV shows and things were introduced such that I had no problem going in cold.

I went in thinking if I would end up wanting to see that Suicide Squad film more. Still want to see it but felt separate, though I did wonder if this is what Prison Break ended up as. In the end not the worst fight scenes, some very odd editing choices (though necessarily to detract from the fight scenes which was nice)... I can only describe it as hyper edited traditional/expensive cinematography (full of shots, insert shots, some wide shots... all the stuff they try to teach the older generations but edited so a scene barely lasts 300 frames at times). Set dressing was so much polystyrene but I will take that over so much keying. Marvel stuff of late, give or take what I have seen of that Jessica Jones show, almost kind of fatigues me or generates indifference, similar to times in other stuff when too much fanservice happens, but at times this almost felt fun.

Might even watch episode 2.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm confused by the existence of Sarah in this TV series since SPOILER: she died in season 3 of the Arrow.

Other than that, I suppose this is a welcomed addition and will probably continue to watch it as long as they don't ruin it.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm confused by the existence of Sarah in this TV series since SPOILER: she died in season 3 of the Arrow.

Other than that, I suppose this is a welcomed addition and will probably continue to watch it as long as they don't ruin it.
I think Episodes 3-5 (?) will explain why Sara is alive and why Oliver has that Chines tattoo

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. It was certainly watchable, but I'm hoping it gets a bit better as the series settles in. For me, the other DC offerings (with the exception of Gotham, which I think did great with Rise of the Villains) on TV have gone a bit downhill and this one hasn't got a great start so far.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I watched episode 2. I wonder if those that know the characters/have seen the previous shows are bored but it is working for me. What could almost be mistaken for character development, though it feels a bit rushed.

Almost radically different editing style this time around. Far less hyper editing, some shots held, some pretty decent stabs at panning shots and a few nice layered fighting scenes (though quite why some people which supposedly have some kind of tactical training* fight that way I do not know**). Some curious camera work for some of the character/shot reverse shot stuff -- partially handheld (or possibly pan and scan), some very slow zooming, general movement in talking scenes... still clearly a TV show budget but trying things with it and I can respect that.

*to say nothing of the difference of powers thing.

**it cuts the other way and the bad guys set up a weapons sale with enough explosive barrels and such that James Bond would have questioned the convenience, and also wondered at the random bales of hay and why the guy with a clear shot and point blank was not taking it/or hitting when they did.

In the end something like what if a cheesy 90's cartoon came to life, and I am good with that. I am probably going to do episode 3.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a true pilot to the series, I see nothing wrong with it without nitpicking. I like how the smartest people of the group are the ones that mess up the most. Gun thing was kind of weird, but I think he just like messing with people.

So many crossovers and more to come with Vixen and maybe even Supergirl.

I'm confused by the existence of Sarah in this TV series since SPOILER:

I already know, but for future spoilers, use an actual spoiler tag.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I kind of stopped watching after the last episode I commented on there.

It was fun enough and silly in a good way, they looked like they were trying with the budget and such too which is more than I can say for the couple of agents of shield episodes that I caught. If there is a marathon on TV one weekend I might consider it, I was not gagging to watch it or anything though.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kind of stopped watching after the last episode I commented on there.

It was fun enough and silly in a good way, they looked like they were trying with the budget and such too which is more than I can say for the couple of agents of shield episodes that I caught. If there is a marathon on TV one weekend I might consider it, I was not gagging to watch it or anything though.
In all honesty my fave character throughout the series has been Ray Palmer. He's just so cheerful in the dark times huehuehue. I have really liked this and hope there will be a return! I also like the story. Truthfully i like any think with time travel. I feel this show does it really well. I can't wait for the ending of this episode ^^

Foxchild

Goomba Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been watching this show (haven't seen the last one yet), because I like time travel stories. Gotta admit, this series is pretty dumb. If you like time travel, the 12 Monkeys series makes much smarter use of time travel. However, Legends is fun to make fun of, so there's that. The entire crew is ridiculously careless with the timeline, the time masters are right to be hunting them. And the show's opening says that if they succeed, they'll be remembered as legends... but... if they succeed, no one will remember them as anything because Savage will never have amounted to anything and they'll just be the people who murdered a guy. Anyway, I rate this show "fun but dumb".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China