Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
575110_385932444792710_719479219_n.jpg

Now this looks spangly. Its from the NetherRealm who were behind Mortal Kombat 2011 and also did the decent MK Vs DC. The game is due out next year on Wii U, PS3 & 360.

Injustice: Gods Among Us, is a alt universe kind of affair where it looks characters like The Flash, Wonder Woman, Batman & Superman are actually baddies. Also featured in the trailer are Soloman Grundy & Harley Quinn.

I'm all for this, we don't get too many DC titles not based on movies and it looks pretty good too. No doubt more will be announced soon seeing that you can't just have six characters in a fighter nowadays...I hope Martian Manhunter, Animal Man and lots of none Batman villains are in there too.

Trailer source: http://uk.gamespot.c...railer-6379451/

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was expecting a MvC gameplay like but its like MK9. Oh well...
I'm actually glad its not. Nothing against MvC (well not keen on the newest one but I have a gripe with Capcoms engine being overused) but I loved the last MK and will be pleased if it plays like it but I hope it has something else too what with their not being fatalities.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I was expecting a MvC gameplay like but its like MK9. Oh well...
I'm actually glad its not. Nothing against MvC (well not keen on the newest one but I have a gripe with Capcoms engine being overused) but I loved the last MK and will be pleased if it plays like it but I hope it has something else too what with their not being fatalities.
I know MK9 won a lot of awards last year even best fighting game of 2011 but UMvC3 is a better fighting game(Hardcore/Tournament Fighting games players). And I prefer fast and flashy fighting games than slower ones. Thats why I kinda dislike Street Fighter and SFxT.

IMO would have been a lot better Marvel vs DC and made by Capcom. But hey is NetherRealm first fighting game that DOES NOT involve MK Ima give it a try.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow holy shit this actually looks bad ass. I never thought the Flash could look so... flashy.

Hopefully it'll be Justice Leagues better than DC Universe vs. Mortal Kombat, I heard that game was complete crap. I know Mortal Kombat was well received so hopefully this will be good.

Also, two puns, I'm on a roll today.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They already have a DC fighting game, Mortal Kombat vs DC. I guess no one liked that game.

Well it was just a crossover that really didn't make sense. Like Mortal Kombat is brutal and gorey... But then you put Batman in there with the whole "I don't kill people" philosophy. Plus the DC Universe they were doing was still kinda hammy. I mean Marvel's is too but they can be hammy when they're fighting hammy Capcom characters like Arthur and Roll.

A crossover fighter just wouldn't work too well them then honestly, I just don't see their library to be the same as Marvel's, but a fighting game between the franchise internally is an excellent idea. And the whole art style is really fantastic, like I never thought they could make Superman and Wonder Woman look as bad ass as they are.

Reactions: 1 person

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe was actually a decent fighting game in my opinion. The story did suck, I will give you that. But as for the fighting, it was pretty addictive. I think most people who said it sucks didn't bother to master the super moves for each character.

From the trailer, this game does look promising. Though the moves do seem to be a bit exaggerated (batman knocking someone through a building), and harley quinn vs. superman should be pretty entertaining

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just realise something...did Tony Stark pop into the universe to create The Flash's suit or something?

Reactions: 1 person

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has it been confirmed these are "evil counterparts" if you will, or perhaps they fight due to a misunderstanding or something? (as batman and superman often did)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (cocks 12 gauge with virginity-maintaining intent)