gbasp.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I still play it and it's awesome! Without it this site would not be!!!
Had every model except the micro, had an afterburner fitted in my orginal then got a JPN SP.
Great handheld but now I play the games on DS not GBA. imo the GBA library as a whole is way better than current DS library.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Had an original GBA and played little because our game library was this: Mario Kart, Tarzan, later on Pokemon, way later on Kirby (Got for my DS!). Now with my Ez-Flash 3-in-1 I can really enjoy the GBA library, and often I play GBA roms more than my NDS roms!

Dardon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't touched my GBA or SP in ages. If I want to play a GBA game I usually use VBA on the computer. Though lately I been looking into the 3n1 for the DS.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Fuck yeah
biggrin.gif
Still playing Golden Sun, Guru Logic Champ and that one damn level on Denki Blocks that I've been stuck on for 3 years.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old original GBA, it's a white one.....and I got it for free!
toot.gif

My bro got it from a dude at his work who was cleaning out his garage and found it in a box. When the dude tried it, it didn't work, so he gave it to my brother and told him to do whatever he wants with it.

My brother has worked in electronics for many years, so he wasn't afraid to take it apart. He's not into videogames or the systems, but he appreciates their worth as a significant piece of electronics.
The guts to the thing were quite nasty. It looked like someone used it as an air filter or something. It was caked with dust and dirt. Ever see a neglected CPU fan in a PC? That's what it looked like. My bro cleaned it out completely. We put some fresh batteries in it, popped in one of my GBA games and it played it fine

We also got an old game with it.....can't rem if it was GB or GBC (I could go look, but I'm too lazy for that).....but it was called Crash Test Dummies. My bro cleaned that out too. It looked like someone shoved it into the dirt.....contacts first. Well, it's clean now and it works too. It's not a very good game, IMO......but it works.

Since my bro isn't into such things, he gave it to me.
hrth.gif

The GBA has kind of a nasty scratch across the facing, but you can still see the screen ok. All buttons and switches work perfectly. The battery door is not original....it's purple when the GBA is all white, but it holds the batteries fine, so meh. Free is good.

I already had a GBA SP (old side-lit style, blue) at that time, but I've since sold it when I got my first DS phat within a month of its launch. I sold the DS phat when I got my Black DSlite the week they released black and pink in America. My old DS phat is still working perfectly for my niece, who is the new owner. I still have that free GBA to this day.....and it still works. It's collecting quite a bit of dust right now, but I have it. I'm thinking of buying a separate slot2 card for it and have it as the "throne" unit.

I mostly play GBA games through my SCminiSD on the DSlite now, but I still play GBA games a lot.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
The battery door is not original....it's purple when the GBA is all white, but it holds the batteries fine, so meh. Free is good.
Mine's on it's second battery door and this one's about to break too. Those clips that hold them on really aren't all that great, they only last about 2 years. A matching door would've cost about £6 including shipping from Nintendo, so I'm using a clear one from a £1.99 pack of 3 odd-coloured ones from Game. After that it's grey, black or purple on a clear blue GBA for me, yayfun! (the purple one came with my AC adapter)

I don't use my GBA as much since I switched to the Micro, but I'm sure it'll get dusted off whe I finally get around to importing Twisted
smile.gif

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Haven't played GBA for a while, but when I got my EZF IV for my DS, I started playing them again. And I have all three GBA systems, the original GBA, and got the SP just for the backlight, and recently, the Micro, just for the hell of it. Gonna get my EZF IV for that too. Later.
smile.gif

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, in that case..
I do play GBA games a LOT on my 3 in 1. I'm currently deciding on which FF remake to play though.
biggrin.gif

~Nero

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have my classic nes SP as as a backup console for when my array of DS batteries (currently only 3) run down or I want to play some GBÂ goodness.
I also occasionally use the linkup on the GC (crystal chronicles).

I still have a collection of GBA roms and homebrew on my carts (super robot wars and summon night are too good to leave alone in my opinion and 90% of roms fit great as last 20 megs things) and I mess around hacking the odd GBA rom. Homebrew wise playeradvance keeps me stocked up with great ports for my EZ2 (1942 is probably my favourite).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands