yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
(You know, it's really hard to think up of fresh adjectives every day...)

On the 13th April, shaunj66 posted a mass of information about the G6DS Real, then the sample was received, and then the review was posted. Here's the conclusion, to give you a general idea of how the cart performs:

The review said:
With their original G6 Flash and the G6 Lite, the G6 team have made quite a big impression in the Nintendo flash kit market. The kits were well designed and boasted high game compatibility and some extra features to boot. Now demand has grown for slot 1 solutions, and amongst all the other offerings, the G6 team have now unveiled theirs; the G6DS Real.

The G6DS Real had been in production for a long time, many anticipated it would be the ultimate DS flash kit. Unfortunately, that's not exactly the case here. While the G6DS Real is a good flash kit and it definitely has some nice features, there's nothing particularly revolutionary about it. Most of what it offers has already been done before.

What you've got with the G6DS Real is a flash kit with either 1GB or 2GB of non-removable internal memory, perfect (as far as we can tell) DS ROM compatibility, integrated action replay cheat support and semi-working download play support. Then there's the standard Moonshell multimedia playback, soft-reset function and passcard functionality.

If you're looking for a solid slot 1 flash kit from a reputable team with 1GB or 2GB of internal memory, perfect compatibility, and aren't interested in or want to avoid removable memory, then the G6DS Real may be just what you're looking for. You'll even get a nice few extra features in return for your cash.

You can get more info at it's Wiki page, then make sure to give your opinion!

[title:Previous days]
Day 1: hrth
Day 2: R4DS
Day 3: WiiKey
Day 4: DS-X
Day 5: BRah!
Day 6: SuperCard DS(ONE)
Day 7: EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack
Day 8: Slot-2 SuperCards
Day 9: Bidoof
Day 10: M3DS Real
Day 11: CycloWiz
Day 12: EZ-Flash V
Day 13: AceKard RPG
Day 14: Slot-2 G6 carts
Day 15: CycloDS Evolution
Day 16: #GBAtemp.net
Day 17: N-Card and Clones
Day 18: tshu and the GBAtemp Love Song
Day 19: Wiinja
Day 20: Ewin Expansion Pack

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Recently sold my 1GB G6Real on WTS forum.
It's a good card but the fact it would randomly corrupt and lose all my saves as well as the whole friggin file.sys, requiring a format before another use, put's it in the 'It's decent' vote for me.
Like the great amptor once said: 'never trust cheap ass chinese flash memory'.. wiser words are rarely spoken here
ph34r.gif

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I voted it decent.
It's quite pricy, while you only get a limited amount of storage space.
The speedy NAND inside allows for great NDS gaming, so props for that!
biggrin.gif

It can't really compete with the Flashcarts we have now; CycloDS/AKRPG/M3DS Real
So that's why it's decent.
wink.gif

~Nero

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I bought one in June, and was quite impressed, but what drags it down is the limited Download play and as Thug said, it sometimes corrupts..
I bought the 1GB version, and that isn't enough for me atleast, so I'll buy another cart soon.
Voted Decent.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one, and it was good for a while.

In the end, the thing that turned me down the most was strange homebrew problems kinda sluggish UI, and slow copying speeds.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the word favorite gives it away... if it was more like excellent then it would get my vote.
It's nice but there are better FCs than this one
You're right... 'Favourite' isn't really the right word to use. I've changed it (probably too late, but never mind)
smile.gif

- Sam

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had mine for quite a while and it never corrupts....works with every game I throw at it....Wii connectivity....and it uses internal memory so I don't need to worry about if my TF card is a "good one".

The cons I have are that I have to JAM the card in the reader if not then sometimes my PC doesn't pick up the kit properly. Thats about it.

I will still be picking up a M3 Real soon as the 1 gig is not enough but that doesn't mean I don't love my G6Real

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well since the G6 is practically the M3DS Real without built-in storage, and I have a M3R, this thing is great. It has everything you need
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?