yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The trusty N-Card and clones, always popping up where you least need them. At first when one was released, and I received a sample, I thought "this isn't actually a bad cart", and that statement remains true today, however there's just so many clones it's hard to keep track...
One advantage of them is that they're cheap and have onboard memory, but lots of people have reported corrupted save files, and even bribking their card altogether. The slot-2 writer is also fairly slow, however the F-Card's USB reader makes this much faster.There's some reviews and announcements in there, read through them, then tell us what you think
biggrin.gif

[title:Previous days]
Day 1: hrth
Day 2: R4DS
Day 3: WiiKey
Day 4: DS-X
Day 5: BRah!
Day 6: SuperCard DS(ONE)
Day 7: EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack
Day 8: Slot-2 SuperCards
Day 9: Bidoof
Day 10: M3DS Real
Day 11: CycloWiz
Day 12: EZ-Flash V
Day 13: AceKard RPG
Day 14: Slot-2 G6 carts
Day 15: CycloDS Evolution
Day 16: #GBAtemp.net

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Write speed of the N-card doesn't really bother me. It's still pretty damn fast. I love it as much as the G6DS Real and prefer both of the aforementioned over any microSD based solutions such as the R4 etc. (yes, I own those too) simply because I detest any slowdown and with these carts you won't have any because of the onboard memory.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I voted horrible, the linker is piss poor, and save corruption is more common than one would think.

I just went through all of your posts, you didn't post in a single N-card topic. How can you even comment like that? Especially the "save corruption is more common than one would think" seems like something you just sucked out of your thumb, since you don't have an N-card lol.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I would have bought one had the new USB reader come out sooner. They look like reasonable carts.

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I voted horrible, the linker is piss poor, and save corruption is more common than one would think.

I just went through all of your posts, you didn't post in a single N-card topic. How can you even comment like that? Especially the "save corruption is more common than one would think" seems like something you just sucked out of your thumb, since you don't have an N-card lol.
While I don't personally have an N Card, I have a good friend who did have one, and it was I, being the more technologically inclined in my group of friends, who ended up setting it up for him.
It may surprise or shock you, but I have infact been using flash carts before I joined up here.
I'm not taking it personally though, for all you knew, I could have just made it all up.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew this poll would receive more horribles than great/not bad.

N-Card and their clones really are great cards but like every other card out there, problems do arise. Only problem I haven't been able to over come is some games do not save properly. Some being like 10 out of 1800.

Of course 99% of the people voting horrible do not own an N-Card and are going by hearsay.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
I bet 80% of people who voted 'Horrible' didn't even see the cards for themselves. It's interface is the best solution for complete newbies (like my 3 and 7 year old cousins), plus, it's plug and play and it has a great compatibility. Sure, they look amateur, but are in fact hidden gems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end