Day 14: G6 slot-2 carts

<b>Day 14: G6 slot-2 carts</b><br /><a href="http://gbatemp.net/index.php?

• I love them!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not bad

• They're bad

• Total voters

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The G6 slot-2 carts are renowned for quality. For those that don't know, the G6 came in many different versions, but G6s always had inbuilt memory. Let's take a look at a short excerpt from the G6 Lite review, their most recent slot-2 cart.
QUOTE said:
The G6 Lite is a very capable, feature rich cartridge. It manages to hold together and deliver excellent game compatibility with ease of use. The software is top notch and a breeze to navigate. It’s just a pity that some of its shortcomings drag it down. The waning homebrew support is something that definitely needs to be addressed and the GBA loader is outdated and in dear need of a makeover.

So, what do you think of it?

[title:Previous days]
Day 1: hrth
Day 2: R4DS
Day 3: WiiKey
Day 4: DS-X
Day 5: BRah!
Day 6: SuperCard DS(ONE)
Day 7: EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack
Day 8: Slot-2 SuperCards
Day 9: Bidoof
Day 10: M3DS Real
Day 11: CycloWiz
Day 12: EZ-Flash V
Day 13: AceKard RPG

B4N5H33

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i love my G6 Lite flashcart!
wub.gif

it has the best built quality of all cards i have seen so far, is easy to use and has GBA support without copying files over from slot-1 cart to any expansion pack. this cart fits perfect for me
yaynds.gif

greets

B4N5H33

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
@sinkHead
my friend bought one and the piece of crap fell apart when he pulled it out of the slot
btw do you have an account on scdev.org or did someone just steal your identity

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I voted "Not Bad" because of that little black button the the original G6, seriously, by the time the G6 was out, no one used GST patched roms anyway.

Also, G6 (and M3) slot 2 carts have always been more costly when compared to the applicable alternative (SuperCards for M3, and the EZ Flash III for the G6).

B4N5H33

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
But no saving after a month of owning

i heard that several times now...which version of the G6 do you own? i´m seriously concerned about how long my cards batterys will last ( i have mine for six months now)...

greets

Flozem

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@sinkHead
my friend bought one and the piece of crap fell apart when he pulled it out of the slot
btw do you have an account on scdev.org or did someone just steal your identity

Of course your friend should have remembered to tighten the screw after changing cases...
tongue.gif
And of course not everyone uses the "safely unplug usb device" feature of windows and thus messed up the built-in memory.

I love it - the first flashcard I bought and it played all games I threw at it. Expensive, but it's high build quality makes up for it. Afterwards I bought an R4 (less solid build quality - can be used for flinging memory cards into space)
rolleyes.gif
for the copy-paste-roms feature since patching for G6 honestly is hell.

I still use the G6 for various GBA roms and as memory expansion for the opera browser rom. Homebrew has been supported ever since DLDI was invented - though I must admit not thanks to the G6 team... My G6 enabled me to play the recently released GBA MSX emulator, so hooray for that...
gbasp.gif

Never had problems with the G6 not saving btw... prolly should try that tonight (after owning it over one year)

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used one of these, I wonder what GBA compatability is like these days. I've had people badmouth my F2A pro's but come on, they still work and the compatability of those is far higher than that of a supercard. I don't see the problem, besides getting their chincy linker to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1