David Cameron is UK's new prime minister

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by beegee7730, May 11, 2010.

May 11, 2010
  1. beegee7730
    OP

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    Source: BBC News

2. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Lol. I thought it said James Cameron.
    So, is this guy any good? I don't focus on UK politics.

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Hadrian Mosley despises this.

Hopefully he won't do a fuck job like the last Tory government, the man reminds me of a Bank Manager who only got a job because his Daddy owns a bank. Hoping Clegg can join him to turn things around.

4. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Actually Cameron got a job at Tory HQ because his dad put a word in for him.

Personally this man is against everything I beleive in. He comes from a narrow social base and his political ideas are judgemental and insane. The Big society philosphy is bullshit. Here's a damning Tory article Admittidly Hari is on the centre-left.

5. iamthemilkman

Member iamthemilkman GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Anyone is better than Blair and Brown. However, the UK is still boned.

6. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    This!

I was really hoping for Labour - Lib Dem coalition because I'd prefer Brown over that chump in a suit...

7. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    lol, onservative.

In other news, [​IMG]

8. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    Why is everyone hating on Cameron, I love him, I've read the Tory manifesto and its not that bad, its actually very similar to Labour and Lib Dem, and Nick Clegg and David Cameron would be a great team, I'm only 16 but I'm very interested in politics.

Yes I know that in the past Tory have ruined the country and that they are not perfect but they are a damn sight better than labour and for once I can trust Cameron, the things he is doing may not be the best ways of sorting the country but at least he's going to get them done. I do hope that they take into account the main points that Lib Dem were putting forward like the voting reform as I don't think the way in which the voting works is fair, you could have a huge majority of votes but these could be split throughout the country and so the seat are never won, where as there may be less say Labour voters but all in one place so that these votes count towards winning that specific seat

Now yes the country is in a state and no matter what anyone says it going to stay like this for a while, even the best leaders couldn't sort this with ease so why don't we just give Cameron some time and hopefully him, his party and the Lib Dems can show us that what they said is truth and not just lies to get us to vote

9. taken

Member taken GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Can not wait another general election in a years time. By then the tory's and lib dem f**k up britain.

Every party lie to get them in power. Once the in power they don't care about the general public only themselves, what they want to do.

10. Calafas

Member Calafas GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom

Might want to do a bit of re-reading there

11. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    I have, the ideas are not that different, it the way they plan to carry it out is different and also the way in which they will find the money for it, but if you really want me to re-read it I will just for you [​IMG]

12. giratina16

Member giratina16 Born This Way

United Kingdom
    We're all doomed with that conservative twat in power, it seems everyone has forgotten Thatcher. We'll soon regret it.

13. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    And you seem to have forgotten that its been almost 30 years since then! The party will be almost entirely different now!

14. Calafas

Member Calafas GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Haha, but the way they plan to find the money is kind of the issue, isnt it? [​IMG]

15. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    You see, this is just a common response from everyone, it is not true, we can't judge everything on the past, Cameron is not Thatcher and there polices have changed, if they are so bad and going to ruin the country why would the majority of voters choose them.

Can we please just give them some time, they have just come into power and there has never been a coalition with Lib Dem ( Former Liberal ) and Conservatives so give them a chance, if they ruin the country even more than it is now then yes I will admit I was wrong but for now he's not done anything wrong.

@Calafas : That is why I am saying give them a chance, they will try to do there best and hopefully this will save the country, yes they will do things that don't work and people argue with but so did labour and every other party in the past, people are worrying that the country is going to be in ruins, the NHS will be gone and everyone will be poor but it won't happen. Cameron is keeping the NHS as he said it would be a idiotic thing to take it away, he has also said he appreciates what Labour have done for the country and I'm sure ( unless he does something really dramatic ) that the country will be fine, or at least won't get any worse

16. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    A lot of public sector jobs are unnecessary and were made by people to allow their friends to get onto the government payroll, they can easily be scrapped as most people with public sector jobs don't even do anything and just waste time, maybe people getting fired is what they need for others to start doing their damn job again.

That and cutting off all the funding going to Labours dumb schemes.

Oh, plus I'd rather have small cuts now rather than huge cuts (to greek proportions?) later on.

17. giratina16

Member giratina16 Born This Way

United Kingdom
    Yeah their policies have changed like giving £200,000 to the 3000 richest people in the country, oh and making everyone pay college/university tuition fees, lowering the national minimum wage to just £2.10 an hour. I suppose the only consolation is that coalition governments don't tend to last long. I'll never give the Tory's a chance, how could I relate to a man that is worth £33 million.

18. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    I'm pretty skeptical of Cameron being PM. I have a long standing loathing for the Tories simply because I was part of the Thatcher generation and remember the damage she did to both our country and our way of life. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that highly of New Labour either and I think Brown was a weak corporate pandering sock puppet. For now it'll be a case of wait and see, if Cameron starts to cause too many problems hopefully the British public will actually get off their arses and do something about it like we used to in the 80's and early 90's. For far too long we've been too willing to just sit at home watching telly hoping the problems will just be solved for us. Hopefully Cameron isn't just going to take us back to Thatchers ideals, which were basically Regans ideals, which were basically corporations ideals.

19. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
  20. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    Nick Clegg shouldn't have entered the coalition... Lib Dems and Labour always had far more in common than Tories. Helping tories pass their legislations is not of "national interest", I believe the Lib Dems are the least corrupted of the 3 and could have been a great judge of both sides' legislations of they remained neutral. Oh well, but this was expected, Nick Clegg has to protect the party's interest as well.

But at least, with him as deputy, Lib Dems may get a better chance next election.

Also: