Dattebayo dropping their naruto subbing??

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the show has been really bad. fillers are still going. i dont hate naruto. i was a huge fan of the show and the fillers hits. still i read the manga every week and i like it. the show doesnt do it justice though. it ruins almost every fight.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dio said:
Xcalibur said:
I couldn't give a shit since I stopped watching naruto like 2 months ago. The show was never all that great to begin with but after that epic fight with sasuke in the first part of the series, its just been utter crap.
I wouldn't mind if its not a troll, seeing as they'll probably something else.
The worst/funniest thing is that it took like 50 episodes to get up to that point, and then nothing happens again. And that's when I stopped watching XD

but then to get to that point was 5 other epic fights....

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome news, I hope no one else picks up the subs. Then you'll have to watch the dub. Or hopefully not watch at all.

Global IQ will increase by 3 points.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Linkiboy said:
Awesome news, I hope no one else picks up the subs. Then you'll have to watch the dub. Or hopefully not watch at all.

Global IQ will increase by 30 points.

Fixed.

Although, if they would watch the dub Global IQ would probably decrease by 10 points and children would be running around in the streets shouting "Believe It!".

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It was ok when marathoning it, but when I caught up to the ones being aired it was just not worth it to wait 10 weeks just for one fight to finish.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dattebayo are a bunch of pompous airheads that love to do "trolls" so I never pay attention to their "announcements".

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stopped watching the anime so long ago. I stopped with anime in general long ago. The only thing that I do that has anything involved with anime is reading the Naruto manga. I highly recommend reading it instead because you skip all the fillers. Besides, the manga is good.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Linkiboy said:

Fixed.

Although, if they would watch the dub Global IQ would probably decrease by 10 points and children would be running around in the streets shouting "Believe It!".
Just to be picky, I'm tired of the blind dub hate like this. I can tell it's blind because they haven't had Naruto say "Believe it!" in the dub since before the Rescue Tsunade arc, and they're halfway done with the year of fillers now. So take a swing in the dark at how long it's been since you've heard those words.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
Just to be picky, I'm tired of the blind dub hate like this. I can tell it's blind because they haven't had Naruto say "Believe it!" in the dub since before the Rescue Tsunade arc, and they're halfway done with the year of fillers now. So take a swing in the dark at how long it's been since you've heard those words.
While that is true, there's absolutely no way I could into Naruto now as it's too far ahead of me. Many people dropped it when they started noticing all the "Believe it!" crap as well as the unnecessary cheesiness such as eye-twinkling cut-scenes where they have heart to heart moments.
nyanya.gif

You do have a point though, people should not continue to bash on the show and give it a shot maybe.
Don't fail to see that things, such as television shows, can improve!

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Gaisuto said:
Law said:
Linkiboy said:

Fixed.

I haven't ever watched the dubs, but the last time I heard the words "Believe it!" was on June 13th, my last day of school. Bunch of kids talking about Naruto in the corridors and shouting it. It's not the dub I'm bashing, it's the people that it's spawned.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
Law said:
Linkiboy said:

Fixed.

I started hating dubs after they fucked up Rozen Maiden

just kidding I hated them even before that

RM dub:

DN dub (spoilers):

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ARRRRGRGGGG

About 90% of Dubs suck, and unless you watch anime on TV, or has never watched anything subbed, you can't deny that.

The only dubs that are good as the original or even better, is FMA, and Chromartie high. I watched both of them in both, and they were better than the original. I heard Black Lagoon was good in dubs, so I'm downloading it with dual-audio.

Death note dub, I thought it was bad. I don't get why people thought the dubs for it were actually good. IT SUCKED. The voices didn't feel right, and WTF was with Near?

Also, One piece.

XeonZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Calm down man, I doubt you can even tell if the voices fit with the original unless you can understand Japanese.

I haven't watched Naruto dubbed or subbed in while and only stick with the manga so I couldn't really care about their yhbt stuff.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
ARRRRGRGGGG

About 90% of Dubs suck, and unless you watch anime on TV, or has never watched anything subbed, you can't deny that.

The only dubs that are good as the original or even better, is FMA, and Chromartie high. I watched both of them in both, and they were better than the original. I heard Black Lagoon was good in dubs, so I'm downloading it with dual-audio.

Death note dub, I thought it was bad. I don't get why people thought the dubs for it were actually good. IT SUCKED. The voices didn't feel right, and WTF was with Near?

Also, One piece.

The Evangelion dubs are very good

8v8t8r

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
ARRRRGRGGGG

Also, One piece.

well after 4kids dropped one piece and funimation picked it up, the dub became 400% better.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
fischju said:
ojsinnerz said:
ARRRRGRGGGG

Also, One piece.

The Evangelion dubs are very good

I've watched the series in Subs, and the end of Eva in Dub. The dub was ok. Could've been a lot better, but it's decent. Not as good as the original.

QUOTE(moozxy @ Jul 20 2008, 07:46 AM)
FLCL dubs are good

I'll probably watch dubs soon for this, seeing how I really don't like the voices in Jap for this.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you can't speak Japanese, how can you say it was better than the dub? Example of sub vs dub in evangelion: Sub: 'I don't know this ceiling' Dub: 'Unfamiliar ceiling' - the latter is a much better line

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: