Hardware Datel powresave can't place where it's from

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it literally ooks like maybe the early maxlander version of ammiiqo ro whatever but i can't place the image, it literally looks like something i remember when iwas looking at getting one of the things and now i see it popup on gamestop's website and it even has a "powertag" i know one ofthe companies is selling the tech to them but i can't place which noe that it is.

but the maxlander site oesn'tshow the image anymore, si anyone else surprised that thishas finally becmoe "legit" or at least legit enough for retailers to sell it.

Last edited by masterz87,

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it literally ooks like maybe the early maxlander version of ammiiqo ro whatever but i can't place the image, it literally looks like something i remember when iwas looking at getting one of the things and now i see it popup on gamestop's website and it even has a "powertag" i know one ofthe companies is selling the tech to them but i can't place which noe that it is.

but the maxlander site oesn'tshow the image anymore, si anyone else surprised that thishas finally becmoe "legit" or at least legit enough for retailers to sell it.
It's not really that surprising, I remember seeing action replays at targets in the ds days.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the thing though, this isn't just action replay, this is amiibo cloning as it includes one of the nfc chip thingies with it now. So it's more than just modifying what you already have, now it's moved towards the "hardware piracy" state because ti includes the cloning ability/modifying etc with a tag thingthat can act like an amiibo that's what's surprised me because i would've thought gamestop etc. would've avoided those ways because people aren't forced to buy their figures from them anymore.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you mean this
http://codejunkies.com/powersaves-for-amiibo/ then its just a amiibo save editor not a cloning/emulating thing, it just maxes stats and stuff on an existing amiibo
this is the one.
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/amiibo-action-replay-powersaves/127307
it includes a "tag" so clearly it'sa cloner because why else would it have a tag included if it wsan't a cloning device.

it's hard to read but it says "Now includes Powersave Tag" on the corner so fi it's not cloning i don't know what the point of the tag is.

Reactions: gamesquest1

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the one.
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/amiibo-action-replay-powersaves/127307
it includes a "tag" so clearly it'sa cloner because why else would it have a tag included if it wsan't a cloning device.

it's hard to read but it says "Now includes Powersave Tag" on the corner so fi it's not cloning i don't know what the point of the tag is.
Maybe the retailers don't even know that it can be used for that.
I bought one on eBay that came with the tag. I've already thrown files on it from NFC-Bank. Didn't even need to rename them, just put them in the powersaves amiibo folder where my lone backup was.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know gamestop is all about making money, maybe they're looking at it as a gambling chip with nintendo for undersupplying the ammiibos and thus causing less sales for the retailers and more for scalpres on ebay and saying look people want it and you're not giving it to them so we're going to do whatever we can to increase our profit margins. They already have done some reprints for games that were oop so i can se this as a similar thing to try to get nintendo to increase shipments i know the strike with the longeshoreman in seattle caused some issues but i see it as a bargaining chip. I just found it odd, since they already doall other powersaves and do used games they clearly are fortheir bottom line and probably saw this selling well and decided "why not us?"

When iget to town, i'm giong to try to get apicture of itand verify my suspicion of it and see where they placed it whether it' with the 3ds accessories or in the toys area(where amiibos/figures are)

also by the way thye're selling used amiibos too so hopefully this convnices them to make them more available and maybe make it easier to buy. I am probaly going to get something like it as i just ned to unlock the physical dlc and I'm lazy i may buy one other one besides the one i got with zelda tp hd with the wolf link amiibo.

Last edited by masterz87,
Reactions: BerserkLeon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That boy yo