OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Got my tool battery today, tried to get it to charge.
Nothing happens.
Powered the system up , plugged the battery in , the light stays green , doesn't flash, and in system info it says
Chrage Level -
Hours left-
Power source- External
Battery Status-

any info would would be apprecaited.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
1. plug psp into mains and swith on
(always keep the psp on, dont switch it off until the tool batery is charged)

2. remove normal battery
3. insert tool battery and the light should change to orange and the battery will start charging. (check battery status to make sure)
4. when youve got about 80% charge switch off the psp and unplug it from the mains.
5. insert your magic memory stick
6. swich on your psp holding the L trigger, keep holding until you see the install menu.
7. click install firmware and wait until your psp tells you to reboot/switch off.
8. switch psp back on, hey presto, custom firmware installed

any help?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
try take the normal battery out plug it into the mains and turn the psp on with the battery out ..

then put the pandora battery in while the psp is still switched on with the mains lead is still plugged in it should start charging do not turn the psp off once its charging
smile.gif

if not repeat the process and try holding the battery in with your hand and check its making contact fully with the psp so its not loose ... and does not fall out maby turn the psp screen downwards on a flat surface so the weight of the battery is making it contact better see if that helps if you bought a slim battery and trying to use it with a PHAT psp it maby a little loose but will work holding it in
smile.gif

Odanhammer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Its not working doing that either. Doesn't seem working at all , since i have my original battery and doing the exact same thing with it to test if its the connectors.
Seems to be something else with this tool battery.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok when i got my tool battery this is what i did.

take the normal battery out

put the tool battery in.

turn it on( the tool battery should have enough power to turn it on for a split second not even booting up thr psp)

plug in the AC adapter.

turn on the PSP and tilt the top of the battery out and put it back in it should now charge

If it does not work then what type of PSP do you have and what type of tool battery do you have
if a slim you need the 2000 battery
if its a fat you need the regular

but ive used the regular battery on a slim.

Odanhammer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The battery doesn't have any charge to even turn the psp on even.
Its a Slim 3.6V 1200 mAh tool battery , one of the datel ones.
It clearly doesn't work
Got a refund , ordered another one. Sigh another week.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i hate datel shipping they are soo slow. since its a slim battery im going to assume that you have a slim psp 2000 not to be confused with the 3000 if its a 3000 i dont think the TOOL or any pandors battery for that matter will work

Oh and if it is a 2000 psp and the next battery doesnt work try the psp battery service tool. it takes your battery that came with the psp and makes a tool battery out of it which is just make a soft modded pandora and its completely reversiable so after your done just restore the battery to its normal use.

Odanhammer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
actually it was from vpgames.com.
They haven't been for good at dealing with me at all, been more then 3 days since i sent my last email to them to get the broken item returned.
Refuse to honor there return policy on amazon, even changed it as soon as i sent them an email about it too.
Amazon gave me the money back (aka 4-6 business days) ordered another one from a different company, should be here next week.
But i have a PSP slim 2001. So it should work just fine , from what i heard anyways.

LoneSyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a topic earlier and no one replied. But it was borrowed anyway...

As a suggestion for getting these "Datel Batteries", get the Phat one, it works on BOTH PSP 1001 and 2001 flawlessly and have less defectives compared to the Slim Datels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over