Database of games and requirements for Cfg USB Loader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by thepregnantgod, May 28, 2010.

1. thepregnantgod
    OP

Newcomer thepregnantgod Member

United States
    I've spent the last few hours looking through these forums but I can't find a comprehensive list/database of Wii games and the requirements to load them on Configurable USB Loader (i.e. 002 fix, which cIOS, which patched.dol, etc.). I can find them on individual games but has anyone compiled a full list of games?

Much appreciated!

2. Dr. Clipper

Member Dr. Clipper GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    It's a bit hard to do so as different people sometimes need different fixes, even for the same game. Here's a checklist of pointers:
    • Never use the Anti 002 fix unless you are on rev12 of IOS249 or less.
    • If the game crashes at a certain point, try seeing if there is an alternative .dol.
    • If the game uses USB peripherals, use an IOS with 37 as the base (222/223v4 38+37 or 249rev19 37 recommended).
    • For PoP and any games that utilise similar attacks, turn on the new "Clear Patches" option.
    • For Japanese import games that don't display language correctly, use the vidtv patch.
    • To force games into 480p, set video to Force NTSC and Video Patch to All.
    • PAL games sometimes work better on other consoles when using the Country Patch
    That covers pretty much everything you'll see.

3. Wiimm

Member Wiimm Developer

Germany
    CFG might disable this point if IOS249 > rev12. One decision less for the user.

4. Dr. Clipper

Australia
    I do see you point and have considered it on occasion, but that gets a little confusing because I neglected to mention that 13b also requires it (but not 13). We leave it there as a failsafe in case it ever does become useful for higher IOSes again.

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    You can identify if the cIOS is rev13a or 13b, i'm doing that in NeoGamma. And if there's another cIOS in the future that requires the fix, then:
    1. I will refuse to support it !
    2. You can enable the "fix" for that cIOS manually

I removed it fron NeoGamma, because i tried and tried to explain that is not to be used anymore, but people kept telling others to enable it.

6. Dr. Clipper

Australia
    Yeah, we already detect the difference. I was trying to say that there existed a reasoning to leave it in given that the 'b' version made the rule slightly more complicated.

I guess it could reduce some of the idiocy we get if we force it off when using 222 or an incompatible 249. It is stupid that we have to do sanity checks on the users in this way, though.

7. thepregnantgod
    OP

Newcomer thepregnantgod Member

United States
    Thank you, gentlemen. I'll ensure my settings are as posted. Most of my games work. I'm having some difficulty with Wii Sports, Mario Kart, and Prince of Persia but I think the first two are from "read errors" when I install them. I'm going to try a different disc.

8. Retal

Member Retal GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    You don't need a "settings database". If you set your shit up properly then everything works.