OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd been unable to get online the past day or so myself, and actually, I'm glad that happened (I was able to focus on classwork in ways I'd forgotten over the past year!). However, now only the portal works.

I found out it wasn't just me courtesy of Saria braving an off-topic trailblazing bit, but now we can hopefully consolidate the discussion and at least figure out more ways around it. (And that link you mentioned -- I mistakenly used the {/b} tag closer instead of {/url}. Fixed now.
biggrin.gif
)

Or an admin could log on and tell us what it was.
happy.gif
[EDIT -- most mods don't have access to the Admin control panel, and none of us live in Italy where the server itself lies physically. We're all about as powerless as everyone else in solving it, sorry. I wish I could be more help.]

-Tempest out.-

Saria

The Sage Of The Forest Temple
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I did apologise in Magus' Thread - but i couldnt post anywhere else for some reason apart from the Top ten posts

I saw you fixed the links there - that was quick
biggrin.gif

and also this Thread doesnt appear in the Top Ten - i guess thats because of the errors right?

kutabare

akutareguchi
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a couple of earlier this week, cannot connect to database, too many users, query errors etc. The last two days none of the URL's have worked for me. I thought it maybe my PC though as I've been on quite a warez tip lately.
wink.gif

PhaTdrU

GBAtemp's Phattest Member (o_O)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
hmmm.... i noticed the same problem some time ago, but it was fixed kinda fast, hey tempest, any idea on whos gonna fix this problem?? wheres kivan anyways?

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Haven't seen any of the admins on in a while. Shaun and Thug have access to the Admin control panel, so they'd be in a better position than me to answer the 'what' questions here.

Maks: How do you think I made this topic? From the New Topic button on the Spyro thread.
happy.gif
In essence, the forum is working properly, but without index viewing. Reminds me of the first bulletien board systems I visited in the CompuServe days...

[EDIT-- Saria, it's my guess that the Top Ten looks at the most recent topics successfully entered into the total forum database, so topics created newer than the error may not appear. I'll test it in our Testing forum now.]

-Tempest out.-

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got the sql database earlier as well. It also happened a couple weeks back I believe. Then, I just clicked on the notify administrator link and emailed it in. It was solved shortly thereafter. Do we have any idea what is going on as the site has been totally down, not just database errors?

Also, it is probably totally unrelated, but I also noticed that Koekie's sig dump is also down. I had to reroute my sig and ava to my temp host.

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
They'll get my messages when they log on. Both through IRC and through ICQ.

KotaInka: I did the same thing that last crash. No idea why their meddling fixed one problem to cause another, though. At least we can work around it.

[EDIT -- mixed two users up. Sorry.]

-Tempest out.-

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But Shaun and Thug were on the IRC yesterday and nothing transpired unless of course they just didn't have the power to do anything then. Well, at least navigating the site has gone from navigating quicksand to just having to wade through chest high river water.
smile.gif

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
But Shaun and Thug were on the IRC yesterday and nothing transpired unless of course they just didn't have the power to do anything then.Yeah, well, they'll at least message me in some way, shape or form. I'm vocal enough here to pass the words along here if they choose not to (unlikely).
QUOTEWell, at least navigating the site has gone from navigating quicksand to just having to wade through chest high river water.Â
smile.gif
I'd prefer to think of it as scuba diving under a sheet of ice (or snorkelling and promising not to rise your head above water, if you're not from a freezing country). We can move just about as good as we could before, but we're blind, for the most part. Either way, we're still swimming.

-Tempest out.-

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
But Shaun and Thug were on the IRC yesterday and nothing transpired unless of course they just didn't have the power to do anything then.Yeah, well, they'll at least message me in some way, shape or form. I'm vocal enough here to pass the words along here if they choose not to (unlikely).
QUOTEWell, at least navigating the site has gone from navigating quicksand to just having to wade through chest high river water.Â
smile.gif
I'd prefer to think of it as scuba diving under a sheet of ice (or snorkelling and promising not to rise your head above water, if you're not from a freezing country). We can move just about as good as we could before, but we're blind, for the most part. Either way, we're still swimming.

-Tempest out.-
Testing quote I guess. That was an interesting post. Let's see if it does it again.
smile.gif

-EDIT-

Nope, my post worked fine.

-2nd EDIT-

When I refreshed my edit, my last post went wacky.

-3rd EDIT-
Okay, there you go. I missed with my /quote tags in that post, the forum's working fine.

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Having my post edited by you Tempest is a bit irksome. I hope I don't engage in any malicious activities that would warrant such an activity in the future.
smile.gif

Back on topic...are we aware of the physical makeup that pushes the site? i.e. 1, 2, 3 servers? Load balancers?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)