• Start date
  • Views 6,373
  • Replies 12

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, v4 is for updating or OTPless install on 9.2 (it was removed due to a small brick ratio from guide). If you are on 2.1, get the files from first link and follow the first link in your post.

D

Deleted User

OP
No, v4 is for updating or OTPless install on 9.2 (it was removed due to a small brick ratio from guide). If you are on 2.1, get the files from first link and follow the first link in your post.
Noted. So, v3 for install and then v4 for update?

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Latest release for?
I think he means A9LH. data_input only use when installing/Updating A9LH.
If you install A9LH right now, you will using data_input_v3 to installing A9LH CTRNAND Build, which currently the lastest.
So, OP will need data_input_v4 only when the newer A9LH come.

Iro3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think he means A9LH. data_input only use when installing/Updating A9LH.
If you install A9LH right now, you will using data_input_v3 to installing A9LH CTRNAND Build, which currently the lastest.
So, OP will need data_input_v4 only when the newer A9LH come.
Ok thanks :). BTW are hourglass9 and decrypt9 are same? Because I use decrypt9 for restoring the NANDmin.bin and injecting fbi

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering the same thing. I just went with the guide and used v3. I didn't use v4, but maybe I should. Everything seems to be working fine, though.

Use v3 and follow guide.

The difference between v3 and v4 is just the files used for install.

To clarify, the guide has you install the latest version of A9LH.
The v3 files are used for the 2.1 OTP A9LH install method, while the v4 are used for upgrades and 9.2 OTPless A9LH install method.

Once A9LH is installed there is no difference, and when a new version is released of A9LH then use the v4 with the guide to update it.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Ok thanks :). BTW are hourglass9 and decrypt9 are same? Because I use decrypt9 for restoring the NANDmin.bin and injecting fbi
hourglass9 is lite version of decrypt9, contain only options most user need to prevent normal people bricking their console.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use v3 and follow guide.

The difference between v3 and v4 is just the files used for install.

To clarify, the guide has you install the latest version of A9LH.
The v3 files are used for the 2.1 OTP A9LH install method, while the v4 are used for upgrades and 9.2 OTPless A9LH install method.

Once A9LH is installed there is no difference, and when a new version is released of A9LH then use the v4 with the guide to update it.
Thank you, for the explaination!

timothyjimson

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Does anyone happen to have the v3 file to seed. I can't seem to find any running, I imagine without that, my ds is essentially useless having gotten half way through the modding guide with no way of completing it. I'll be checking for the next few hours just incase anyone does happen to put it up, thanks.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone happen to have the v3 file to seed. I can't seem to find any running, I imagine without that, my ds is essentially useless having gotten half way through the modding guide with no way of completing it. I'll be checking for the next few hours just incase anyone does happen to put it up, thanks.

On the tracker I'm connected we are currently 822 to seed, so you must be doing something wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head