Homebrew Data Management hanged in sysnand and emunand..

emuashui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Symptom: as captioned,
Data Management hanged in sysnand and emunand.

Background: after all done in my previous post ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/misinstalled-cia-to-nand-of-sysnand.424677/#post-6305187 ),
i restored sysnand by decrypt9, and on booting i found that it was a restore of the backup of my emunand with nnid.

So i quickly unlinked sysnand while let emunand and the nnid within the emunand untouched.
Then booting up unlinked sysnand, all seems normal, but entering emunand found that cia like bbm devmenu failed to run just giving black screen. i then managed to inject FBI into HS app and this fbi can run and install fbi bbm devmenu, but only fbi can be sucessfully run.

But the hanging at Data Mangement in emunand, and then also sysnand, is more serious.

Target: saving nnid from partially unhealthy emunand.

Could online friends share what next is appropriate?
1. Do System transfer of nnid from affected emunand to my old3dsUS ?
2. Do upgrade sysnand online to version 10.7 in hope of rectifying that hanging and cia failing to run issues. i hv CNinja
3. After 2., reclone emunand.
Thanks__

emuashui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
oh.. can anyone help me tell whether it is soft bricked already? can run some cia, .3ds, retail cards, but hanging in Data Management.

If that is the case, what option can fix? upgrade sysnand online i guess? Thanks

emuashui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
oh.. can anyone help me tell whether it is soft bricked already? can run some cia, .3ds, retail cards, but hanging in Data Management.

If that is the case, what option can fix? upgrade sysnand online i guess? Thanks

Update1. i cloned emunand and files from old sd card to a new one.
The same hanging in data management appeared. That should exclude card mechanical issue.

2. wanna upgrade sysnand and then downgrade to back to 9.2. But i read elsewhere that the modified agb firm and twl firm should be undo to original version (mine new 3ds xl US) , otherwise the downgrade to 9.2 will be failed and incompleted? Mustvi do the undo for these Nand cias ?

3. Rumor has it that entering Downgrade with Up pressed in GW menu can bring to hidden function of restoring to sysnand at 9.2.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-restore-nand-bin.411820

Last edited by emuashui,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol