Hardware Data Cable Clip Help

bagrm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Well today I installed my Wiid modchip which all went according to plan. When I was going to put the dvd drive data cable back into the wii the brown clip came off and a little piece of the plastic on the holder also. Now I cannot put the data cable back in even though my mod is fine. My question is whether or not it is possible to replace the connector, and if it is possible how hard is it? Thanks,
Bagrm

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got any pictures (I will take any you can get: scans, mobile phone.....)?

If you have done what I think you have I am not sure whether the connector is standard, you will be in for a fairly though soldering job though if you do.

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
you broke the clip that holds down the drive cable against the connectors right?

Its an easy fix. Cut out some pvc(from a cd spindle) to the shape of the connector then place the cable on the connectors and slowly insert the pvc between the top of the plastic connector thing and the data cable so that it holds down the cable firmly. You could also put some hot glue on the data cable so that it sticks to the connector but I don't recommend it.

sorry for the crappy explanations its hard to describe it.

bagrm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies.
I tried to glue this little plastic piece on to the side of the connector (I still had the little piece that broke off) to no avail and in the process I think I messed up the connector or cable because my Wii won't even start up now! I think I'm going to send it into a repair service.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head