dat online players you hate so much, tell me your story

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by migles, Mar 26, 2014.

1. migles
    OP

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    so, after some months without Internet i had survived playing animal crossing on my 3ds

and now since i am back online i had the change of trying to play the game in the online world to have some fun with other players

so, i connected to another player and said hi very nicely then i just remembered something i forgot on the online gaming and is: can i have some money please?

so i just raged quit and decided to make this topic and ask other players their stories

what bad experiences in online gaming did you experienced?
    do you get a lot of people asking for money? do u h8 wen plp tp lyk dis?

i would love to hear some stories about this subject

2. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    I don't play online games much anymore so I can't think of any stories to share.

Tom Bombadildo likes this.
  3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Pretty much this.

The only time I'll play games online is with my friends so I can avoid all the morons and annoying kiddies around everywhere.

4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    mid or afk
    omg noob
    stop feeding
    huehuehue mordekaiser #1
    i should be in plat but noobs like you keep dragging me down and giving me bad K/D

Black-Ice likes this.
  5. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Once I went online and someone was very rude. I ignored them, and then life went on.

That was a day.

GameWinner and Tom Bombadildo like this.
  6. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Brazil?
    Gib mone pleaze

Lol I don't play games online much either. Gta5 I play almost exclusively online but I haven't touched it in a while, dark souls 2 is kind of always online just making the game even more frustrating than it is already. Haven't had much of a chance to play many pc games online lately.

7. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Lately in any MOBA I play, I keep getting teamed with freaking noobs. I'm actually just about ready to quit because of this. It's just no fun getting roflstomped no matter how hard I play.
    A great example would be a Smite Match of the Day. 5 Poseidon vs 5 Poseidon, arena. It came down to both teams having about 5 points left...so one player kill. I barely, barely scraped a win for my team. I went something in the ballpark of 35 kills 5 deaths, a combined team kills being about 42 and 40+ deaths. Basically I was 1v5 with 4 fodder handicap...and still managed to win.

Seems like every match I play, i'll go heavily positive with a decent amount of assists, and yet we'll lose because we also have 2-4 people going 0/10 K/D or worse... It's a major piss off to lose every match because my team is nothing but fodder.

Even worse than that though, is when LoL kids get on and start screaming about how "bad" the team is, meanwhile i'm like 15/3 and the kid screaming is the most useless with a billion deaths and little or no kills, running out constantly dying and type-raging.

On the MMO side of things.
    BRs. Oh god the stories I have about BRs.
    Lets see...

One time in Ragnarok online (on a private server with pvp enabled on all non-town maps), I went to train my newb in a low level area. As soon as I warp into the map, insta-killed by a max level Champion using Asura (deals IMMENSE damage at a high cost).
    He heueheuehue'd at me, so I went on my assassin, warped into the second level of the dungeon, backtracked to the entrance of the dungeon cloaked and just watched him. He would just asura and brag about how he was the best on the server and no one could kill him. So I buff up, slash his face off, plant a poison bomb on him and watch his dumb ass explode and die like an idiot. The blast was strong enough to kill his noob friend too. He came back a few times but I just insta-nuked him as soon as he did.

Another one would be the nerdiest gang war ever. My guild and I had settled in a town as "our" base. Basically just the town where all of us hung out. About a month after this a BR guild started infesting the town and harassing all of the members, by spamming and just being idiots in general. We also liked to mess around south of the town and do things like summon monsters or duel. Buut constantly BRs would just run out and try and harass us.
    Eventually it reached a point where we were all just sick and tired of them. We weren't a big guild, but we had most of the top players on the server. Not people you wanted to screw with when PvP is enabled everywhere. We ended up killing any and every member of the guild on sight, and actively hunted them down. About half the guildmembers either quit the guild or the server and the rest agreed to stay the hell out of our town. Problem exterminated.

I could go on for hours about BRs in Ragnarok. I wont judge BRs as a whole, but in Ragnarok Online they were the worst people you'll meet. There was only one girl I actually liked who was a BR and it was probably because she'd poke me and call me a power ranger because of my helmet. It was pretty funny. The rest just begged for items or harassed other players.

8. Par39

Par39 The Life Hacker

Aug 13, 2011
    Finland
    Back in the days of Runescape, playing as a female character and having at least 3 guys ask me to date them every time and didn't spend all the time in a remote location with barely any other players, and even being asked to cyber every week or two. And I was like 11 at the time <_< Since then I always play as a male q-q No more requests like that.

Hells Malice likes this.
  9. Black-Ice

Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

Oct 31, 2011
    London
    Everyone on League of Legends.
    Everyone.

Sicklyboy and EZ-Megaman like this.
  10. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I mostly quit the online scene after the disaster that was UT3 (honestly...no wildcards for names? How am I supposed to find my clan? Worse yet...how am I supposed to find a server that isn't crawling with new players? :( ).

Played some starcraft 2 1-on-1, but I gotta say that was pretty good. Intense, but good. Then again, it's mostly me being the new player (online RTS'es are completely different than relaxingly building your base, adding a few troops and don't attack until everything is maxed out).

I remembered some guys trying to do cheesy things like lifting up their base, floating to an island and setting up shop there (pretty much leaving my ground army to collect dust). I just expanded everywhere and managed to create a larger flying fleet.
    There were some who try to build barracks in or near your base, but those usually get spotted (I admit I learned about scouting the hard way).
    Cannon rushing is something I hate, but when you realise that it costs about as much as a new base, expanding to an open field isn't as scary as the idea may sound.
    And so on. I dunno if it's my mentality, but I just see that game as "how can I defeat this strategy?". Fuck...I'm even GLAD someone is typing all these attempted insults at me: it means either his micro/macro is slipping or that he's using a simple strategy with no backup (all-marines are a classic).

In UT and UT2004...yeah, there are always people calling you noob and cheater (yes, sometimes the same guy). I simply ignore ingame chat most of the time.
    UT2004's onslaught is a different matter. To this day, I'm convinced that I'm not a good player. It's just that many people just couldn't seem to grasp the concept of the connect-the-dots gameplay (this sometimes even years after the game was released). Sharing a ride was a good thing: it would transport more people to the actual action. It would seem obvious enough (and the minimap is on every freakin' screen), but some people just try to knock you off, drive in a completely different direction or go AFK when manning the strongest tank (the latter only happened a handful of times, but that action is easily an instant-lose on behalf of your team).

11. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Is it odd that i've run into more angry, annoying, moronic, terrible LoL players in other MOBAs than I have in LoL itself? Aside from a couple tards who laugh at me for picking Ahri and then I proceed to do 10x better than them in every possible way.

12. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I love it when some kid gets mad and threatens to hack my account if I keep winning. Pisses them off more when you say "go ahead" and they know they can't hack anything.