Dat files release from GBATEMP ?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by testicule, Aug 26, 2006.

Aug 26, 2006
  1. testicule
    OP

Newcomer testicule Member

Greece
    Would it be possible to release DAT files in Romcenter format with NDS releases? I've tried some other lists but most are not as accurate as GBATEMP's

For example they include Max media launcher in their numbered list but not ninjapass (imho they should include none of them just like you do), they are very inconsistent.

Thanks

2. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    The Max Media Launcher, like the Action Replay DS, is considered to be an official commercial release - making PocketHeaven's list accurate and correct.

GBAtemp does not produce a DAT based on any of our lists.

3. Bitbyte

Member Bitbyte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    Yes, but the Action Replays aren't commercial games, so not meant to be included in the GBAtemp's release list. They only carry the commercial games, not software.

4. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    Sorry for the confusion, I was just drawing a parallel. Anything released by the backup kit folks is not considered commercial, but the Max Media Launcher was (and still is) available in stores across the globe.

5. testicule
    OP

Newcomer testicule Member

Greece
    In my humble opinion the store availability should be irrelevant. Numbered releases lists should be lists of Nintendo licenced games. This means that Max Media Launcher should not be included and that Game&Watch collection should be. Just my 2c [​IMG]

6. chazmann

Newcomer chazmann Member

United States
    Are you guys REALLY arguing about this?

Come on. Lets just say that mario is the first and last game cause nintendo is really just a guise for mario.

1. MARIO

THERE. STOP COMPLAINING.

7. ceraphis

Member ceraphis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't know if I want to laugh or turn and scratch my head at that comment.... [​IMG]

oh yeah, and I've never seen a Max Media Launcher anywhere in a store other than online, and the only thing close I can think of is the player that comes with the dock or the drive. Not that I'm saying one side wins either way, just how commercial should something be to be included on any list?

8. id242

Member id242 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    when I lived in California, I had been to Frys Electronics ("big computer store", like Walmart is a "big redneck store") and had seen Max Media Launcher being sold there in the game sections. I picked it up. said, "that's nice". then put it back and went on with my quest for whatever the heck it was that I was looking for.

and for the record, what the guy said about Mario... that is the truth [​IMG]

9. maxrenderer

Newcomer maxrenderer Member

United States