‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
talking about the book series...

anyone here like it?
i read it in year 8 for english and ever since then i re-read the series around twice a year
tongue.gif

found a compilation of the first three books in one at target yesterday for only $13
yay
biggrin.gif

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
PharaohsVizier said:
My god I loved the series. Albeit it was 3, no 4 years ago since I last read it. I don't go to the movies often, and I chose 2012 over it, so looking forward to the dvd release XD
i don't know if it's just that i couldn't stand the cam quality of the version i downloaded but the movie was a let down for me :

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Yeah I loved the Darren Shan series, but I think I missed a few volumes. Gonna reread it when I have the time.

I also loved The Demonata series, also written by Darren Shan. Love that guy.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
...There's a movie of Darren Shan?
ohmy.gif

I liked that series, but they were impossible to find here. Everywhere had a huge gap in the numbers, only had the first couple and the last few books. And that was every single time I checked.

I have a few of them, but I've only read the first two since I have a huge gap
tongue.gif

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Books were awesome, last I read them, but I heard the movie was pretty bad, and was too broke to go see it. I can't imagine it being good, though, if the guy who's supposed to be the most serious character in the series is played by John C. Reilly.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Read them all (12 books I think) twice, loved them so much.
This series is just the best I've ever read, even better then Harry Potter IMHO.
So addictive and such a brilliant story, just plain awesome!

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
... i have to say, the book... was kind of lame. i cant be completely sure, as i gave up reading it half-way through (due to my general lack of interest in the plot). i might watch the movie... but likely not, because the casting... SUCKS!

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I liked the first 7 Darren Shan saga books, but got bored after that. The demonata however, was really good up until the werewolf island one. That bored the shit out of me, and Bec was brilliant! He seems to be a bit of an erratic writer. Some of the books he writes are awesome, while others are... Not.

Nugg2396

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I just bought the 3 in 1 book 2 days ago! Haven't started reading it yet though. Because I bought 2 other books x) I just finished 1 just now and already started on the other one. I'm saving the Darren Shan book because it's the thickest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: He always gives free tips lol.