Hacking DarkWii Red theme help

icw35

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkWii red theme is awesome. I love the background int eh wii otions menu (it's the darkwii health screen), but I want to remove the sig in the top right corner of "DVBisOK". But I can't work out how to do it.

I tried different methods to change/remove the "DVBisOK" signature on the wii options menu.

1. I extract the setupBtn.ash using u8tool. I convert the tpl to png and edit in Gimp (I only edit the it_BarWii_a.tpl as I want to keep the DarkWii background). Then I repack using u8tool and import the ash to my mym file. However when I convert to csm and install, the background is all wrong, the images lose their quality and it's a real mess.

2. I use the original DarkWii red from DVBisOK. I make a csm. Then I make a new mym file and the only thing I change is the it_BarWii_a.tpl (extracted from thememii) and I put it as stda1 (it's the only entry). If I use simg1 I get an error with mymenu 1.3 that it can't resize the image. As stda1 it seems to work but doesn't change anything so DVBisOK is still there on the background.

What am I doing wrong? I want to keep the darkwii background in the wii options menu because it is cool, but I want to remove DVBisOK and put "Wii" back. However whenever I change anything it screws up the background like I said before.

Can someone help me? Should I use other tools to edit? Or extract?

By the way, many thanks to DVBisOK for the great theme and Gamer-D for his red version too. I combined them both. Used cursor.ash, letter.ash and board.ash from Gamer-D, the rest from DVBisOK. Changed the health.ash to original darkwii theme and the only thing I have left to change is the background in the theme options menu.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
thx, until u get the chance to put up a video, do u mind telling us some of the edits u've made?
thx!

edit:
you've included "PAL" in the name of this mym file... but as long as I build a csm using the right *.app for my 4.2U Wii it should work fine, correct?

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
i edited the settings menu button placement and background
and changed the main background to a more fitting one for the red theme

oh and i forgot to say the is PAL ONLY

im uping a vid now
wink.gif

the setting menu will not work but i can build a copy of that for NTSC

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks real good diddy81
yaywii.gif

and icw35 i hope you succeed with your Theme. (can´t help, don´t know anything about themes)

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tested your ntsc theme, the settings menu is all messed up, the screen is white, the buttons have no labels. i had to restart just to get back to the wii menu.

you did a great job otherwise tho, i like the backround of the other sections.

if you decide to try again, we would be very grateful.

also im wondering, would it be hard to make the little flipping and spinning selector on channels stop doing that?
it kinda bothers me, i understand alot of people like it, however i am not one of them...

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
np guys ill give it anther look its odd though i had symular_syn test on his NTSC wii and he said it was working fine :s

and yes megazig its all your fault

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
megazig said:
I appologize for starting the spinning selector thing
frown.gif

dont be sorry. like i said, alot of peope like it!
biggrin.gif
just not me lol.

if you started it, maybe you can edit it out again?

i have a dream of a perfect, darkwii red theme, with no spinning selectors, and beautiful simple backrounds. deep red highlights and a better custom disc channel. (and a settings menu that works for us ntsc'ers.)

i really wish i knew what i was doing with thememii, however it seems very complicated to me, and i wouldnt know where to start.

btw THANK YOU diddy for your efforts
wink.gif

i will test for u if u want, i build my csm's using thememii

everything worked great with that theme, cept the settings menu. it came up as a white screen with blue label-less buttons.

shoryuken

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
the spinner can be set back to non spinning quite easy just add the stock my_IplTop_d_FocusOff.brlan and my_IplTop_d_FocusOn.brlan files to the csm after you make it

i g2g get kids to bed but ill fix for NTSC after that
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr