Darksiders: Warmastered Edition announced for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Wii U

darksiders_1_big_header_1-600x375.jpg

Nordic Games announced today that a remaster of the original Darksiders game will be coming to all major consoles and PC, under the title "Darksiders: Warmastered Edition". The remastered graphics will feature an internal resolution of 1080p, running at 60 FPS on every platform except the Wii U, on which in runs at 30 FPS. It boasts doubled texture resolutions, post-processing effects, and better shadow rendering. The release date is listed as "Coming Soon".

:arrow:Source

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like a Darksiders 3 a lot more than another remake.
Eh, the Wii U kinda needed this one so it would have the complete set. If the system was doing better than it is now, I'd say for those who have Mass Effect 3 on it that it needs 1 and 2 as well. Buuuuuut, it's all but dead, so... With that in mind, while it's cool that they're doing a port to it (and in 1080p), I wonder at the same time why they're bothering, besides the "have the complete set" thing.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Eh, the Wii U kinda needed this one so it would have the complete set. If the system was doing better than it is now, I'd say for those who have Mass Effect 3 on it that it needs 1 and 2 as well. Buuuuuut, it's all but dead, so... With that in mind, while it's cool that they're doing a port to it (and in 1080p), I wonder at the same time why they're bothering, besides the "have the complete set" thing.
Wait wrong number, I meant 4. That was my bad.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I remember playing the original Darksiders demo on my XB360 but I didn't really like it much. I'm not saying the game wasn't well made because it was in 2010 but it just didn't have that appeal that God of War or Devil May Cry has.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I thought there are only two entries in the series so far?
:unsure:
I am not going to lie, I never played theses, I just really really hate seeing remakes instead of new games. So I searched it up and found a review score for DS3 and was like, "Yup! Has to have been released! Gotta change my post to reflect this new information."
But doing more research is just confusing me. So I am just staring at this game like, "What do?"

Reactions: endoverend

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did this have DLC and will it come with this? I played Darksiders 2 a little, and like it, so I'll pick this up. They probably doing this to get money for their next game.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Most likely the game is just being upscaled at that point, not actually rendering at 1080p.
I sincerely doubt that's the case on PC - it would be counter-productive. Internal resolution typically applies to consoles, PC's don't need to scale to the monitor, they can just render at a given resolution.

Fabax01

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The remastered graphics will feature an internal resolution of 1080p, running at 60 FPS on every platform except the Wii U, on which in runs at 30 FPS. It boasts doubled texture resolutions, post-processing effects, and better shadow rendering.
Well, a wii u port? Interesting. They locked it at 30fps tho- at least i hope it's not very laggy

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Did this have DLC and will it come with this? I played Darksiders 2 a little, and like it, so I'll pick this up. They probably doing this to get money for their next game.
This game didn't have any DLC.
I really liked it, probably more than 2. Not sure I'd buy this though I already finished it on 360 and PS3. Hopefully these re-releases lead to Darksiders 3 with Strife and Fury.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good. Now I am able to get my first, 2nd and soon 3rd (in develop for PS4) games soon. :D I wish God of War 1 and 2 versions would be remake for a PS4 because God of War 3 remastered already release for PS4.

God of War Ascension Remastered still in development. Don't know yet.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1