OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ive been trying this over and over with failure every time. I have FFCC life as a darklord installed on my usb nand and that works fine using triiforce mrc v6. but when i try to install the dlc with wad manager 1.5 i get an error ret = -1024 every time. i have the correct ios (53 & 55) installed on both the usb nand and my wii nand and when i install the dlc to my usb nand on my pc through ShowMiiWads i get the "error accessing wii memory" screen when i try to load up ffcc: my life as a darklord. can anyone help on this?

my wii is 4.1u, cios38 rev14.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Got the same problem, with Triiforce beta 7 and Wad Manager 1.5 (System 4.2E).

I installed FFCC Darklord and MLAAK.
But if I try to install DLC with Wadmanager 1.5 I will get the ret -1024 error.
Usually this error means "Memory allocation failure".

First I thought it's the DLC.
But I tested to install the DLC of Megaman9 and it worked.

Therefore, I am at a loss.
What could be the issue?

vigilantez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i cant use triiforce since it only gives em errors and or black screen and locks up my wii but if your using emu on sd or hdd take it to your pc download and execute ShowMiiWads set your nand emu location and open folder where your dlc wad is right click on that wad and Extract -> to NAND
now goto your wii and see if it works

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried showmiiwad and wad2nand.

Showmiiwad is a useful tool, but has one issue. Showmiiwad will destroy the nand dump.
I tested to extract the wad files to the nand, but after all my nand was corrupted so that every game showed a black screen.

wad2nand will create two folders (a ticket and a title folder) with the content.
But some Games are creating more files and links. For example in the shared folder of the nand.

The best and safest method to install games to a nand dump is imo the wad Manager.
But as I described, the only problem is, that the wad manager will get an error during the install process.
(the wad files are okay and not damaged)

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
longtom1 said:
have used wad2nand and never had any other folders apart from ticket and title when extracted from a wad

And this is the problem.
Wad2nand just creates 2 Folders.
But in this case the DLC of FFCC need more files to run.

I tested to extract the DLC wad file with wad2nand and copied the files to an usb drive (folder structurs are correct).
But FFCC Darklord / MLAAK don't recognize the DLC Content.
Means, there have to be more in the wad.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
What you need to do is install the game, DLC and save to your REAL nand first. Then move them over manually to your emulated NAND. You must also add the entries to your uid file.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Slimmmmmm said:
What you need to do is install the game, DLC and save to your REAL nand first. Then move them over manually to your emulated NAND. You must also add the entries to your uid file.

I see.
So it's impossible to add the DLC on the emulated Nand?
Where is the difference between the real and the emulated nand (concerning this issue)?
And why can I add the dlc of Megaman9?

The UID.sys contains the IDs. So far as I know the dlc won't add an UID entry.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
No in theory it is 100% possible to add DLC to emulated NAND, but you must copy over everything that has been changed to the emulated NAND, including the shared contents, data, tik and add the relevant changes to any file that is altered when installing the title.

I've not tried this myself, but all anyone needs to do to check this out is install the wad+DLC to the real NAND, check all works as it should, then dump that NAND, try that NAND dump in triiforce and it *should* work. I'd bet it'll work. If you kept your other nand dump with all your games on it you'd then just make the relevant changes to it and have all you other games, plus the new one that has DLC.

There is no reson it wont work.

The steps would be this....

Someone that hasn't tried to install DLC to emulated NAND would need to try this as someone that has may have corrupt files.

Go to Wii (it can't have had DLC installed yet)
Backup NAND to EG: PC > "no_DLC_NAND" folder. This should be a full NAND dump, not stripped down.
Go to Wii install wad+DLC, check all works and dump that NAND, again a FULL NAND dump.
Back this up as EG: PC > "DLC_NAND" folder"

Kinda crap you'd need to swap NAND dumps to play the game so.....

If you want to go back to using your NAND dump with your other games on it, do this.

Compare "DLC_NAND" folder" + "no_DLC_NAND" note the changes.
Get your old NAND dump with all your games on it and make the changes, you should now have a NAND dump with everything on it.

I really cant see why it wont work, I have no time to test this myself but am 110% sure someone that understands what I mean can get it working.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I believe it's a bug in the cios emulator.
That's why you cannot install some (or special) wads with wad manager 1.5.

The Data comparison is a good idea. Got a similar idea yesterday.
I wanted to compare the installation of magaman9 dlc with "non megaman9 dlc" nand.
After, I would install the dlc of FFCC manually to the nand (by adding files, folders and file changes) in an analogous way.

But it's hard to find out which folders/files are affected.
Following files/folders were changed:
-tickets folder (tik file was added in new folder 00010005)
-title folder (data and content folder were added in new folder 00010005)
-shared1 folder (new app files)
-uid.sys in the system folder

I also extracted the wad file (showmiiwads) to check which files are in the wad.
I got
- app files
- a tik file
- a tmd file
- a trailer file
- a cert file

I was wondering about the tmd, trailer and cert file.
I didn't find any of these 3 files on the nand.
The cert file could be the certification of the game (which will be checked once during installation), but the other two files are a mystery.
The next problem is. I got an "new" app file in the title folder on the nand which wasn't in the wad file. So the question is, where does this file come from.

And here I stopped. ^^

Your idea to install FFCC DLC directly to the real nand and compare it with the emulated nand is great. But this is what I wanted to avoid.
The problem I see is the logging of Nintendo (especially the msg files) if you use some Nintendo services/channels.

hany

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wad2nand don't extract DLC, update uid.sys or add shared content. Use ShowMiiWads 1.2! (it won't destroy your NAND dump)

DLC have its own ID in uid.sys, for MLaaK DLC PAL it's wFCP and the game has WFCP.

So far I haven't found any DLC that adds content in the shared1 folder. MLaak and Darklord don't.

The tmd file is in the content folder of the game along with all the app files. The trailer is just garbage?! (usually a copy of the 00000000.app file) and the cert is some nintendo certificate file and is the same for all games and in the sys/cert.sys on NAND.

The "error accessing wii memory" screen when trying to run Darklord after installing the DLC is because there are to many content files in the DLC (about 40 files) which I'm guessing is a cIOS issue, try and delete files from the DLC directory on emu NAND (not 00000000.app and title.tmd) so you have less than ~20 files and the game will run. But the DLC won't show upp!

Finally, the reason the DLC from Darklord and most (not all) DLC from MLaaK won't show upp is because the DLC app files, which are U8 compressed archives, have empty recursive folders in them. For some reason they don't get extracted properly if they do. A fix for this is to extract the app files, add a garbage-file in the empty folder and repack it. This can be done with Wii.cs Tools. While this works with MLaaK, Darklord is still limited to ~20 app files. And if you edit the contents of the extracted Darklord app files to have all content in one or fewer files, the game gets unstable and crashes almost randomly.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hany said:
Wad2nand don't extract DLC, update uid.sys or add shared content. Use ShowMiiWads 1.2! (it won't destroy your NAND dump)

DLC have its own ID in uid.sys, for MLaaK DLC PAL it's wFCP and the game has WFCP.

So far I haven't found any DLC that adds content in the shared1 folder. MLaak and Darklord don't.

The tmd file is in the content folder of the game along with all the app files. The trailer is just garbage?! (usually a copy of the 00000000.app file) and the cert is some nintendo certificate file and is the same for all games and in the sys/cert.sys on NAND.

The "error accessing wii memory" screen when trying to run Darklord after installing the DLC is because there are to many content files in the DLC (about 40 files) which I'm guessing is a cIOS issue, try and delete files from the DLC directory on emu NAND (not 00000000.app and title.tmd) so you have less than ~20 files and the game will run. But the DLC won't show upp!

Finally, the reason the DLC from Darklord and most (not all) DLC from MLaaK won't show upp is because the DLC app files, which are U8 compressed archives, have empty recursive folders in them. For some reason they don't get extracted properly if they do. A fix for this is to extract the app files, add a garbage-file in the empty folder and repack it. This can be done with Wii.cs Tools. While this works with MLaaK, Darklord is still limited to ~20 app files. And if you edit the contents of the extracted Darklord app files to have all content in one or fewer files, the game gets unstable and crashes almost randomly.

Thanks !!!
This is the info which I need.

Every time I installed the dlc of darklord the memory error appeared.
So I thought my nand crashed.
But I haven't thought that the reason is the file capability. (Dlc of darklord are 41 files ^^)

But @Fixing this issue.
Can you give me more details?
Extracting the DLC app on the nand dump?
which garbage file have to be created?

Other questions are:
Why is it working on a real Nand?
Where are the differences between the real nand installation and the emu nand installation?
This issue could be fixed. ^^

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay.
I tested to extract the app files with u8 decoding and to create a "new" filesystem.
Didn't help.

He doesn't recognize the dlc content.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes it's a cIOS / Nand Emulator issue.

Tested Slimmmmmm proposal.
I installed both games to the real NAND, created a savegame and installed the DLC Content.
Everything is working perfect on the real Nand.

SimpleFS dump isn't extracting all necessary files (it jumps over the 100005 folder in the ticket folder)
So I tested to create a whole nand dump with fs tools.
After a very long dump, I started both games with the usb nand emulator and triiforce.

Same errors as every time. xD
Darklord told me, that the wii has not enough memory.
Life as a King didn't show any Download Content.

So the problem is still the same.
The real nand is working with triiforce, means it's a cios / emulator issue.
That's why the wad manager also gives the error code -1024, if you want to install dlc to a nand dump.

Conclusion:
At the moment, it's impossible to run the dlc content of Darklord and Life as a King on an emulated nand.
Until somebody fixed this issue in the nand emulator / cIOS, dlc can only be played on the real nand.

hany

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FFCC DLC Guide
A quick guide how to make DLC work in MLaaK and partly work in Darklord.

1. Install the game and DLC to emulated nand with ShowMiiWads 1.2

2. Move all the DLC .app-files from emu nand (\title0010005\77463250\content for darklord) except 00000000.app for darklord or 0000000d.app for MLaaK to a temp-folder on your HDD.

3. Extract the .app-files in the temp-folder with ShowMiiWads (Tools/Unpack U8 Archive).

4. In the newly created folders (000000??_app_OUT) you create dummy-files in the script and packages folders (for example a new text-file named text.txt with the word text in it).

5. Repack the folders with ShowMiiWads (Tools/Pack U8 Archive/Without Header) overwriting the old file and choosing to not LZ77 compress the file.

6. Copy the new .app-files (max ~20 for darklord) back to the content-folder of the DLC on emu nand.

7. Enjoy the game in TriiForce with DLC.

One drawback is that Darklord sometimes gets (more) unstable and gives the memory read error but MLaaK should work flawlessly.

When fixing MLaaK DLC you only need to edit .app-files 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, a and b. Also .app-files 12 and e are empty(garbage) so you can delete them.

QUOTE said:
Life as a King didn't show any Download Content.
Are you sure? Infinity Spire, Castle Renovations, Library and King/Minister Costume 3 should work anyway.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hany said:
Are you sure? Infinity Spire, Castle Renovations, Library and King/Minister Costume 3 should work anyway.

Jeah, I am sure.
I tested the real nand with triiforce and every content (new levels, Costume, etc) were available.
If I choose the usb-nand, I won't see any content. No Library, no Costumes, nothing.

But it's the same nand (nand dump with fstoolbox)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I...