Darkcorps/MH3

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by moopas, Aug 9, 2010.

Aug 9, 2010

Darkcorps/MH3 by moopas at 12:12 AM (1,387 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. moopas
    OP

Newcomer moopas Advanced Member

United States
    *sigh* here I am again with a question. ALL I really want to do is play MH3, and I have been reading through on how to fix the errors there are. Yesterday I used NUSAD to fully hack a virgin wii, installed neogamma, downloaded MH3, and everything worked fine with my other games I downloaded. I have read on ways to fix the MH3 crash (darkcorps/hermes with usb), I have already burned MH# to disk, and want to install Darkcorps lite OR full. I went to the main darkcorps thread but the download links are set to private. I googled other sources to download, and tried a few, but everytime I tried, I came up with an error. First was the -1 memcap error, so I moved several save files to SD, tried again, got 1049 xml error, tried different download, got -1 memcap again, but all my saves are already on my SD, I tried searching the forums for fixes specifically to the memcap -1 error, but only came up with XML and other errors. Using Neogamma is fine, but I still encounter the black screen after "Begin Game."

Basically, I just want a link to EITHER the legal copy (light) or full version (don't think its allowed on the forums) that are legit and really work with Monster Hunter Tri. OR a fix to the memcap error. Also, I have a fresh install from the NUSAD and am not sure which bases the Ios' are, so I am not sure if I should "use 249" or "use Ios 222" for Darkcorp install.

Once again, thank you for any help offered on this matter.

2. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    Get DARKCORP v1.1:
    DARKCORP v1.1 Release!

After getting it, extract the package contents to the root of your SD card.
    Make sure your SD card is non-SDHC and has plenty of space.

Then run it from HBC and select "Upgrade to DARKCORP v1.1 (regular mode)".
    If that one does not work, select "Install DARKCORP v1.1 Virgin wII Method (TBR + Cios + corp)".

3. moopas
    OP

United States
    Awesome. I am trying it as we speak... er, type.

4. moopas
    OP

United States
    OK, that was odd. No errors, fully downloaded ios, but when it said replacing or whatever, my Wii just restarted itself... is that normal and did darkcorp finish installing? Or must I use the virgin install method? I just want to be sure I dont install it twice or mess up, being as the readme states a high brick possibility if done wrong. Also, I tried the MH3 game, and the disc channel still cannot read it. So If this restarting IS normal, is it the ISO I burned of the game?
    P.S. I also tried Neogamma again, still got to "Begin Game" then froze.

5. moopas
    OP

United States
    I noticed after a bit of fiddling that the darkcorp folder now has a bunch of .wad files. am I supposed to use the MMM from the NUSAD to install all of these wads? I am not sure because the reame only states to load the darkcorp installer via the HBC and nothing else.

6. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Yes, load the installer with the HBC and nothing else. The DARKCORP-v1.1 folder contains the needed wads. The Darkcorp Installer will modify and install the wads, that's it.

7. moopas
    OP

United States
    See? This is where I am confused, I tried twice more just now. I emptied my SD card, extracted the DarkCorps 1.1 lite onto the SD card, loaded the HBC, used the installer, then after it finished downloading everything, it just restarted my Wii. nothing else happened, and my disk channel still cant read the disk. I ran the installer again, it didnt need to download anything. Instead it said "0% loading IOS9 from IOS60" then waited roughly 1 minute then restarted my wii again... still not reading the disk. This ALSO happens when I try the virgin install method.