Hacking Darkcorp Makes Every App Unable to Access Nand

PikachuCLS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've searched this topic and it didn't exist, so here goes. Ever since installing DARKCORP v1.1 Full I tried loading certain apps. For one, DARKCORP removed all my STARTPATCH menu hacks (sorta like preloader). So then I decided to load Multi Mod Manager and go to the section of edit preloader hacks. I pressed a and it said unable to access nand. Same happened with DOP-MII when I went to install some IOS. What's with DARKCORP and have you guys had any of these problems? I uninstalled and reinstalled DARKCORP to see if it really was the problem and sure enough, it was. Please help me out here. I'm now resorting to earlier versions of Darkcorp and I may just use CIOScorp. BTW, the Darkcorp compatibility lists are down on Joomla. Does anyone happen to have a copy of the list for both versions of Darkcorp?
mellow.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, this sounds like a serious problem, I would completely rehack your wii with ModMii. This should fix most of your problems. Then we can continue.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkCorp should not affect any of that. It should not affect your system hacks, it simply installs patched ios. As for your no nand access, ensure your apps are running on cios or AHBPROT.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not? I removed it from my wii only because it no longer has a disc drive.... otherwise I always used it just to have that option since my wii has bootmii boot2 I didn't see a reason why not.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark Corp shouldn't be affecting your patches, apps, etc. Did you install anything after you used Dark Corp? Btw, I am using v1.1 of Dark Corp

Ron457x2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkcorp, basically installs every IOS without you doing it manually.
Its a lazy way of doing it but Darkcorp is still "ok" in some areas, even I still use it.
EDIT: By the way, do you have anything that blocks the nand in a way or even uses it?

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I would suggest not using Darkcorp and just rehack your wii with ModMii. Make sure you say yes to the option to download all the active ios so that Darkcorp will be overwritten. You should use an USB external HDD, USB drive or SD card for your backups. Darkcorp is outdated and 1 device for all your games is a lot more convenient than a bunch of discs that will just get scratched. If you insist on using discs though you can check out NeoGamma.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see all these recommendations against DarkCorp, but honestly I don't remember having many if any problems using it. Can ModMii's suite of IOS's actually allow you to insert a disc backup of a Wii/GC game and play it directly from there? I know USB loading isn't yet possible for GC games, but even if it is (and if it does happen to exist, I hope someone can point me to it!) then being able to load disc backups painlessly is still the easiest and least risky way to go. Only thing I've seen that could handle loading GC and Wii backups through USB or hard disk involved the Sundrive, which was a physical hardware modification.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
codezer0 said:
I see all these recommendations against DarkCorp, but honestly I don't remember having many if any problems using it. Can ModMii's suite of IOS's actually allow you to insert a disc backup of a Wii/GC game and play it directly from there? I know USB loading isn't yet possible for GC games, but even if it is (and if it does happen to exist, I hope someone can point me to it!) then being able to load disc backups painlessly is still the easiest and least risky way to go. Only thing I've seen that could handle loading GC and Wii backups through USB or hard disk involved the Sundrive, which was a physical hardware modification.

You can use Neogamma for CG, it's 10 times better in loading CG games, ( Zelda windwaker dungeon map fix etc )
The cMios used in darkcorp is outdated.
Also try playing newer games on darkcorp. good luck with the darkcorp cios's

Basicly darkcorp installs fakesigened hacked cios in EVERY slot.
It NOT needed to hack your COMPLETE Wii.
You only need 2 slots, lol and you'll have 100 compatibilty .

Darkcorp is absolutely outdated on every point.
It's the slowest way to play games, it has the worst compatibilty.
It uses your Wii's lens ( beter save that for your GC backups! )

It's the most obnoxious way to soft mod your Wii.
If you really want to use discs use NEOGAMMA. ( for Wii and CG )

If you want to see the banner, install Priiloader and enable the load sm with ios 249.
Make sure you have the FAR superior D2X cios installed and the Latest recommended Cmios ( it's awesome! )

If you want to go the ultimate way, load you Wii backups from HDD ( faster, easier, MUCH better than your disc banner, with usbl GX , Wiiflow, CFG loader )
And load your CG backups with neogamma.

You'll never have to deal with Darkcorp again and everything will work like Ninty had intended.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The OP is not asking if he should use darkcorp or not, he simply said he installed it and is having an issue. His issue has absolutely nothing to do with darkcorp. As said before, if an app says it does not have nand access, ensure you are running it on an ios with nand access. This would be cios or AHBPROT, if the app gives this error it is running on an unpatched ios, nothing to do with installing darkcorp or not.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mauifrog said:
The OP is not asking if he should use darkcorp or not, he simply said he installed it and is having an issue. His issue has absolutely nothing to do with darkcorp. As said before, if an app says it does not have nand access, ensure you are running it on an ios with nand access. This would be cios or AHBPROT, if the app gives this error it is running on an unpatched ios, nothing to do with installing darkcorp or not.

sorry, misunderstood the question..my bad.

Note, my post was pointed at the quoted person...

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
If you want to go the ultimate way, load you Wii backups from HDD ( faster, easier, MUCH better than your disc banner, with usbl GX , Wiiflow, CFG loader )
NeoGamma =/= "pop in a disc and use disc channel"

At least DarkCorp allowed that with both GC and Wii disc backups.

And for a good while, I didn't have the money for an external hard drive. Remember, such things were much more expensive back when all this stuff was new. It was simply much cheaper to simply offload the games onto disc back then.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
codezer0 said:
Hielkenator said:
NeoGamma =/= "pop in a disc and use disc channel"

At least DarkCorp allowed that with both GC and Wii disc backups.

And for a good while, I didn't have the money for an external hard drive. Remember, such things were much more expensive back when all this stuff was new. It was simply much cheaper to simply offload the games onto disc back then.

Cioscorp still uses cios base of Wanins rev 13, cMios is'nt updated.
You can get A lot more out of your Wii even without the adding of a HDD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse