Status
Not open for further replies.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Nope. I tried. There is no way to get a backup working with riivolution. Although it pisses me off it's rather surprising thats some groups are doing better anti-piracy than Nintendo.

Not even having a modded Wii works, I know and tried. Unless I am just doing something wrong >.>

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNEEK won't work either. The thing about Riivolution is that it patches IOS on the fly, so it needs a specific, unmodified IOS to do its job. IOS37, to be exact. Both cIOS and SNEEK patch things on the fly as well, so trying to run the two together just results in the two patching each other silly and getting nothing done.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried it. Riivolution channel boots and it asks to insert disk even though SNEEK+DI had NSMBW emulated. After exiting the channel it boots me to the ORIGINAL SysMenu (NOT SNEEK!).

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
FenrirWolf said:
SNEEK won't work either. The thing about Riivolution is that it patches IOS on the fly, so it needs a specific, unmodified IOS to do its job. IOS37, to be exact. Both cIOS and SNEEK patch things on the fly, so trying to run the two together just results in the two patching each other silly and getting nothing done.
Is this what you expect to happen, or have you tried it? I'm not doubting you at all, I'd just like to know what exactly ends up happening. I'd expect a code dump.
I've browsed through the Riivolution thread and there it was mentioned that Riivolution knows when it's running on SNEEK since the IOS is modified.

That thing about it rebooting you into the original NAND is kind of odd, though. I didn't think that could happen.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
DeadlyFoez said:
FenrirWolf said:
SNEEK won't work either. The thing about Riivolution is that it patches IOS on the fly, so it needs a specific, unmodified IOS to do its job. IOS37, to be exact. Both cIOS and SNEEK patch things on the fly, so trying to run the two together just results in the two patching each other silly and getting nothing done.
Is this what you expect to happen, or have you tried it? I'm not doubting you at all, I'd just like to know what exactly ends up happening. I'd expect a code dump.
I've browsed through the Riivolution thread and there it was mentioned that Riivolution knows when it's running on SNEEK since the IOS is modified.

That thing about it rebooting you into the original NAND is kind of odd, though. I didn't think that could happen.
It can't happen, to answer the OP, NO.

On the other hand do as many have already said and build the iso in WiiScrubber and be done. period.

supersonic5000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
FenrirWolf said:
DeadlyFoez said:
FenrirWolf said:

On the other hand do as many have already said and build the iso in WiiScrubber and be done. period.
Actually it can, try booting a gamecube game from a dvd-r through the disk channel, it kicks you back to the real NAND.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supersonic5000 said:
ChokeD said:
FenrirWolf said:
DeadlyFoez said:
FenrirWolf said:

Actually it can, try booting a gamecube game from a dvd-r through the disk channel, it kicks you back to the real NAND.
he said while sneek was emulating nsmb it will kick you back to REAL nand, that won't happen. perhaps when sneek and riivolution try to patch the same ios it crashes and reboots the health screen of the real nand, but thats not booting a disc is it ?

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
FenrirWolf said:
DeadlyFoez said:
FenrirWolf said:

Or you could just use sneek di. That way you could directly edit your iso with Reggie and just use giantpune's fst rebuilder to rebuild your fst.bin. Takes about 2 seconds to make the fst.bin.

Edit: Reggie, not wiiscrubber

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The process by which it works is what keeps it from being compatible with cIOS and SNEEKy IOS's, or corp'd IOS's for that matter. They went out of their way to make the thing work at all. The rest is a side effect.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Who thinks they're Nintendo in disguise?
smileipb2.png
smileipb2.png

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
The process by which it works is what keeps it from being compatible with cIOS and SNEEKy IOS's, or corp'd IOS's for that matter. They went out of their way to make the thing work at all. The rest is a side effect.
True enough, it's not that they made it that way, it's the process of how it works that makes it not possible.

Assassination

暗殺者Lv25
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
I have to say the team that made riivolution are quite the pecker heads. It's one thing if you dont support or condone something because of the possibility that someone might pirate something, but it is completely different when you go WAY out of your way to make sure piracy is not happening. Fuck, they aren't nintendo, nor do they get paid to do this by anyone, so to me that just means that they are dicks that think they are better than the rest of us because they know how to program.

I feel the same fuckin way lol

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Umm, sometimes reinventing the wheel can be easier...
Create a USB Loader that searches an SD card for files, if they are not there it reads them from the usb drive instead....
That is more or less what riivolution does is it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet