Dark Souls: Remastered Network Test is now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop

DSS.png

After being delayed, Dark Souls: Remastered will finally release on Switch on the 19th of October. In preparation for release, the Dark Souls Remastered Network Test is now available on the Nintendo eShop. It weighs in at 888 MB, and is available to play on the 21st, 22nd, and 23rd of September. The test requires the new Nintendo Switch Online membership.

Last edited by Daisy,

Kafkaus00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Too late from, it's too late...

I don’t know where I red this but I think the remaster of dark souls had nothing to do with From. It’s basically a easy cash grab from the publisher Bandai Namco.

But hey, i might be wrong and From is in this aswell, which would be so disappointing.

Edit : I found this, Miazaki speaking in a interview. Source.

“However, there was a misunderstanding in an overseas interview, but this doesn’t deny a remaster. I don’t think we from FROM SOFTWARE will develop it, but DARK SOULS is a Bandai Namco IP, like Demon’s Souls and Bloodborne are Sony IPs. So remasters are decided by those companies, and remakes and such can also be done in the future.”

That doesn’t really mean that they were not involved but when you know that they didn’t developed the remaster, I think it says a lot!

Last edited by Kafkaus00,

donut32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I just tried it - wouldn’t connect to the server and couldn’t do anything but launch the title screen. Just kept telling me I cannot play in offline mode.

I have my Switch Online membership and connection is active.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I just tried it - wouldn’t connect to the server and couldn’t do anything but launch the title screen. Just kept telling me I cannot play in offline mode.

I have my Switch Online membership and connection is active.
It's not live?? They have set play times.

Reactions: Kafkaus00

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game announced for may
Game suddenly delayed for unknown reasons
Game suddenly get's announced date
Nintendo Launch paid sub service
Announce network test JUST THE DAY AFTER

Yeah, NO ONE SAW THAT COMING AT ALL RIGHT? (Check tweet comments)

(Sarcasm):glare:

Reactions: Jayro and Kafkaus00

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just read the article :)

“September 21 at 19h (7pm), ends at 23h (11pm). Again the 22 and 23.”
are they really doing their hourly tests again ? Oh Nintendo. Everybody else does it 3 days straight and Nintendo does it only a couple of hours like with Splatoon. How backwards can they be

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this game runs at 60fps on switch? If yes, this game will be the only reason for me to get a switch (beside metroid prime 4...i hope metroid will run 60fps)...
It runs at 30, was confirmed long ago.

btw, cant wait to see DF analisys on this port, plus all the frame and resolution drops it may have :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Nvm they do kinda work like that