Dark Souls III coming for PC,PS4 and Xbone

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Dark_Souls_3.JPG

More leaks of Dark Souls III incoming, and this time, from IGN.

The game release date is supposed to be Early 2016 like the picture shows and its being developed for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

Rumors say that the director of the game will be Hidetaka Miyazaki, the one who was directing Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne.

:arrow: IGN

Previous GBAtemp Coverage

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hopefully strays from what Bloodborne turned out to be. It was like a really bad ripoff of the Souls series.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully strays from what Bloodborne turned out to be. It was like a really bad ripoff of the Souls series.
To me it was the same feeling of King's Field and Shadow Tower. Which I am totally cool with.

After the mediocre Dark Souls II, I really have no interest at all in a third one so soon after. Everything about DSII was a let down for me--it was like someone wanted to ripoff Dark Souls and Demon's Souls, so they made a checklist of alllllll the DS stuff that it was known for, and then rammed it in with no design. Heck, the Sunbro covenent is evidence enough of this.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After the mediocre Dark Souls II, I really have no interest at all in a third one so soon after. Everything about DSII was a let down for me--it was like someone wanted to ripoff Dark Souls and Demon's Souls, so they made a checklist of alllllll the DS stuff that it was known for, and then rammed it in with no design. Heck, the Sunbro covenent is evidence enough of this.

What kind of hipster bullshit opinion is this?
Dark Souls 2 was about a thousand times better than DS1. I'd say better than or comparable to Demon's Souls, though I still preferred how levels were done in Demon's with the hub world but eh. One seamless world does feel more grand, I guess. Content wise DS2 does blow both games out of the water though.

As far as balance and multiplayer went, they pretty much aced it in 2. Soul Memory was a fuckup but it wasn't bad enough to kill anything. DS1 had abysmal weapon balancing with the same weapons appearing over and over in pvp. They never really bothered to fix that. The world was alright but I always felt it was a bit small and for an open world, it never felt that open. Armors were pretty boring, they looked fine but there wasn't that many good sets and not that much variety. DS2 has all sorts of crazy sets that are viable for a whole host of different reasons. Pretty large weapon variety with tons of viable pvp weapons. Way, way more multiplayer interaction. DS1 I played online the whole time and entirely forgot about the multiplayer because it was just never a thing.

If you're crying because DS2 was "more of the same" then you might want to look up what a proper sequel is. If I wanted something else, i'd go play SOMETHING ELSE. When I play Dark Souls 2 and 3, I want more of the same. I want more weapons, more armor, more enemies, more bosses, more abilities. Some changes, tweaks and upgrades are fine, but more of the same is exactly what a sequel is for.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of hipster bullshit opinion is this?
Dark Souls 2 was about a thousand times better than DS1. I'd say better than or comparable to Demon's Souls, though I still preferred how levels were done in Demon's with the hub world but eh. One seamless world does feel more grand, I guess. Content wise DS2 does blow both games out of the water though.

As far as balance and multiplayer went, they pretty much aced it in 2. Soul Memory was a fuckup but it wasn't bad enough to kill anything. DS1 had abysmal weapon balancing with the same weapons appearing over and over in pvp. They never really bothered to fix that. The world was alright but I always felt it was a bit small and for an open world, it never felt that open. Armors were pretty boring, they looked fine but there wasn't that many good sets and not that much variety. DS2 has all sorts of crazy sets that are viable for a whole host of different reasons. Pretty large weapon variety with tons of viable pvp weapons. Way, way more multiplayer interaction. DS1 I played online the whole time and entirely forgot about the multiplayer because it was just never a thing.

If you're crying because DS2 was "more of the same" then you might want to look up what a proper sequel is. If I wanted something else, i'd go play SOMETHING ELSE. When I play Dark Souls 2 and 3, I want more of the same. I want more weapons, more armor, more enemies, more bosses, more abilities. Some changes, tweaks and upgrades are fine, but more of the same is exactly what a sequel is for.
lol so hostile over a different opinion

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
lol so hostile over a different opinion
To be fair, Dark Souls 2 really was a quality title. My only real complaint was that dexterity weapons were made out of glass or something with how quickly they wore down relative to heavier weapons. Otherwise the game felt better balanced in basically every way. The world felt more interesting, and I played through the game without having to go through a hellaciously poorly coded area like Blighttown in DS1. The gear was varied, armor felt far better handled, and it was a great experience. The "B team" may have made Dark Souls 2, but it rounded out to be a pretty stellar experience all in all. I'm not saying it's perfect, but calling it ripoff bullshit almost sounds like you want it to be a bad game more than it actually being a bad game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?