Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin coming to PC, PS4 & Xbox One in April 2015

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by T-hug, Nov 25, 2014.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Releasing a month after Bloodborne is a strange decision by FROM SOFTWARE, we could really have done with this release in 2014.
    Will you be picking it up?

Tom Bombadildo likes this.
  2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Tom Bombadildo likes this.
  3. GHANMI

GHANMI GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2012
    Would they include the lighting effects from the E3 screenshots?

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  4. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Its coming to PS360 too.
    And it seems the PS4 and Xbox1 versions are gonna be in DX11 while PS360 in DX9. PC is gonna have both.

5. Steena

Steena GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    Hopefully they will add the so called promised answers they "forgot" to implement in the base game.

6. SaintBahamut

SaintBahamut Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2013
    Poland
    Jesus, old PC versions wont get DX11 and netcode optimizations, MP will be separate too, are they retarded or what?

7. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
  8. Mario92

Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2010
    Finland
    Finland
    But main question for master race is that are they going to sell this as whole new game which has been really super annoying trend lately or are they going to sell it as DLC or give it as patch for season pass owners.
    There's just so fucking many annoyances when they decide to rerelease few years old game as brand new title on PC starting from having same game twice in library with non-compatible save files to having to buy game second time with next to none differences.

octopus and WiiCube_2013 like this.
  9. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I don't know why they just decided to make this decision now because people clearly wanted DS2 when it first came out for their PS4s and Xbox Ones.

Bandai seems to think that because 360 and PS3 have a huge number of users that most of them are still active, it's not necessarily the case any more, some of them moved to PS4/XO/WU/PC, still use it but not for gaming or just don't even use it at all.

10. GHANMI

GHANMI GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2012

Well, it IS indeed the case. People are still on PS3/X360 in huge numbers, and aren't moving on to next gen as much as they would love them to.
    That's why they're releasing a remaster and not spending money on a new game yet, and also why they're releasing it for PS3 and PC.
    That way, people who only have next-gen consoles starved on content will buy anything, even remasters.
    It's not because the original didn't sell very well on PS3 (it did sell very well)

11. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Also, from the source:
    So those crying about re-releases, this is basically just a GOTY version of the game, similar to Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition.

JamRules and Mario92 like this.
  12. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Watch Dogs and Destiny sold better on the "next-gen" than the last-gen consoles so that goes to show that the 360/PS3 is dying out and it's not as active as it used to be.

People who I used to play on Xbox 360 now hardly ever appear online and if they do they're on their Xbox Ones while I'm on the 360, just to watch a DVD, YouTube or etc.

13. aiat_gamer

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran
    And a big middle finger to those who bought the game on PC!

14. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    T-hug, you should probably move the thread :P

15. Northern Nemesis

Northern Nemesis GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2014
    Canada
    I was waiting for this, i knew it would happen.

16. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I almost feel ashamed. I never bothered picking up Dark souls, and only bought dark souls: prepare to die edition in a steam sale (meaning I spend around 5 bucks tops). This'll probably be the same: I may get it once I come around installing, playing and actually liking DS1, meaning I'll have the exact same version as fans of the first hour, except I'll have spent 1/10th of the price. And there's something completely wrong if fans are the ones whose wallet get raped so much. :unsure:

17. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Hey, maybe it'll run at a decent framerate now, right? Right?

I'm interested, but I might be too busy gitting gud at Bloodborne. The timing isn't really great here.

18. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Day 1 purchase for me. I'm a sucker for the Souls games. I actually haven't beat 2 yet but that's mostly because I sort of hit an awkward spot where I played a LOT on console, but never finish any of my console games ever. So then it came out on PC and I was like "well I don't really want to do all this stuff AGAIN..." and there it sits...poor thing. Need to crack it out and beat it during my christmas 'holiday'.

I'm still not sold on Bloodborne. I'm sure i'll get it day 1 as usual, but from what i've seen i'm pretty skeptical. Not a big fan of guns in my Souls franchise, unless it's separate from the Souls.

Or, big shocker here, the game was designed originally for the 360 and PS3 because those were the platforms out when development began. No one could've guessed the success of the Xbone or PS4, especially after all the shit slinging before launch of both. I'm sure they could have tried to port it over, but that likely would have pushed the release date back and pissed a lot of fans off. Ubisoft knows how bad of an idea that one is.

Day 1 tweak to fix the framerate. Never understood the crying. It's better than nothing and at least From is clearly showing some effort on their part to learn PC porting, unlike most bigger companies. Dark Souls 1 compared 2 DS2 port wise were basically night and day.

19. Mario92

Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2010
    Finland
    Finland
    It seems like there will be patch for all versions, however to get all features on PC version game needs to be rebought it seems:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/dark-souls-2-scholar-of-the-first-sin-announced/
    http://fin.afterdawn.com/uutiset/ar...onsoleille-mukanaan-hukatut-trailerigrafiikat
    http://darksouls.jp/pc/scholar_of_the_first_sin_specmatrix.html

BerserkLeon likes this.
  20. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    Yep, i'll go out and buy this....once the price drops. No doubt (on PS4 anyway) this will be a full priced release which is a bit of a kick in the teeth DLC or not. It is oddly too close to Bloodborne as well. I would rather they held off a bit on DS2 and released a package with a bit more value. How about Demon Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 all in one go?