Dark Souls Coming to Steam

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The recently announced Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition, a PC port of the popular high difficulty action game, stirred up much controversy and outrage amongst fans for only staying with Games for Windows Live. However, the popular Demon's Souls sequel is now being released on Steam as well.

The game will be coming to the PC on August 24th, which includes all the content of the original console release plus additional content, such as more bosses, more enemies, and more weapons.

For console owners however, you can buy the additional content as DLC when the game is released. Named "Artorias of the Abyss", this additional content will cost $15 for both the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 versions.

:arrow: Source

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Now this is good news! Dark Souls, is that heavily reliant on multiplayer? Else I probably will just end up downloading it. I've heard some good things about it, looking forward to it.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It will still use Games for Windows, only thing is you can purchase it from Steam.
Gee, I certainly hope not. The issue isn't where the game is being sold, but how the connectivity works.
Steam connectivity is good, GFWL is bad.

Also it probably still has the issues like resolution limitations and locked FPS, but the PC community have their ways of resolving such things anyway.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't think there ever was a doubt that Dark Souls would be on Steam, the question was rather whether it'd use Games For Windows Live or Steamworks. Seeing as they mention that it's going to be available on the Games for Windows store then there's a fair chance that they're still going to go with GFWL.

Let's hope not though.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I the only one who actually likes GFWL and haven't had a single problem with it at all?

Seriously, I love the fact that I can play games on the PC with better controls and visuals, and still get achievements for my Gamerscore. I don't get why everybody has problems with it, maybe you're all just doing it wrong. The only time I have problems with it is when I have uTorrent open, it takes a couple seconds more to sign me in, but it still works. I actually wish more games would use GFWL.

Reactions: 1 person

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As much i love Atlus and the franchise art direction i can't stand punishing, frustrating games. Recall getting it for PS3, trying a while and reselling it soon enough No time for nervous breakdown got enough shit to deal with a game to add up on it lol. Gaming to relax here so not my audience.. Good news though, steam rules! :D

Walrus-Chan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one who actually likes GFWL and haven't had a single problem with it at all?

Seriously, I love the fact that I can play games on the PC with better controls and visuals, and still get achievements for my Gamerscore. I don't get why everybody has problems with it, maybe you're all just doing it wrong. The only time I have problems with it is when I have uTorrent open, it takes a couple seconds more to sign me in, but it still works. I actually wish more games would use GFWL.

The problem with it is that it doesn't work for a whole bunch of people. That and it's just a piece of crap anyway.

Reactions: 1 person

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States

Works like a charm for me. You are right, some people are doing it wrong.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not doing it wrong so much as it not wanting to work. I had it working mostly fine for a while, and then it just stopped letting me sign in for no reason at all. I couldn't play the two or three games I had with GFWL for about four months, until after I reinstalled Windows for unrelated purposes. I'm not going to pay for another game that forces me through that garbage.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's always good to see companies listening to their fans. It may not be exactly what everyone wanted, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: hoi