Dark Souls 3 To Be Announced At E3?

u73Lybn.jpg

Yep, Miyazaki is probably ready to announce Dark Souls 3 at E3 this year. The most we currently know is that Namco is going to announce it at E3, we don't know when or during which company's show, but we know for sure it's coming.

:arrow:Source
:arrow:Further Semi-Confirmed Coverage

All I have to say is...
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sad if Miyazaki is not involved, though the B-team upped their game (literally) with the DLCs, so maybe not all hope is lost.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I want it to be coming because despite how much the Dark Souls games have made me rage, I've put more time into them than most games I've played the last year.

Reactions: T-hug

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
The source is left anonymous, but I don't think they would have made that article if the source wasn't wholly reliable. I got the feeling that their source was somebody they could actually confirm to be working from a relevant company in the game design process.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Still as long as the source can't be identified we should view this as rumor instead of confirmed facts.
We've had 2 newsposts this week that turned out to be false.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Still as long as the source can't be identified we should view this as rumor instead of confirmed facts.
We've had 2 newsposts this week that turned out to be false.
To be fair, both of those other rumors were shaky at best, and I feel "shaky" is putting it softly. This one has some merit, but to be fair, the title at least does call the legitimacy into question with a handy dandy question mark.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see why this wouldn't be true. The Souls games are wildly popular and well received, makes sense they'd do a third. Even if they don't announce it at E3, it's coming. I still need to beat the second one tbh, I have the attention span of a goldfish these days but I do love the series. I just hope they get rid of, or fix Soul Memory. Worst shit ever, I got soft banned for setting mine higher so i'd stop invading poor little newbies whose souls I was crushing.

Last edited by Hells Malice,
Reactions: T-hug

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Ehhhhhh, there is absolutely no way to confirm the validity of any of that information. For anyone saying "BUT SCREENSHOTS", recognize that there are talented people out there with a lot of time to burn. What makes me super hesitant to believe is the UI, really. If you look at the screenshots that have health bars and items and such, I'm about 99% certain that's the Dark Souls 1 layout. Why, even if beta, would you just copy and paste an old layout, and not even just from the last game, but the one before it? That seems like an odd design choice for a brand new product, especially since the Dark Souls 2 UI was much cleaner (even if I lost track of my stamina more often using it)

Even then the numbers of weapons seems farfetched, the "PC negotiable" thing seems odd considering Dark Souls 1 and 2 including Scholar of the First Sin are both on Steam, and the bit about multiple players make it sound like the person has never even played or heard about a game from From Software before. It just feels amateurish.

Of course, it could be totally true and I'm just too suspicious, but grains and grains of salt are what I'm picking up and putting in my pocket.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ehhhhhh, there is absolutely no way to confirm the validity of any of that information. For anyone saying "BUT SCREENSHOTS", recognize that there are talented people out there with a lot of time to burn. What makes me super hesitant to believe is the UI, really. If you look at the screenshots that have health bars and items and such, I'm about 99% certain that's the Dark Souls 1 layout. Why, even if beta, would you just copy and paste an old layout, and not even just from the last game, but the one before it? That seems like an odd design choice for a brand new product, especially since the Dark Souls 2 UI was much cleaner (even if I lost track of my stamina more often using it)

Even then the numbers of weapons seems farfetched, the "PC negotiable" thing seems odd considering Dark Souls 1 and 2 including Scholar of the First Sin are both on Steam, and the bit about multiple players make it sound like the person has never even played or heard about a game from From Software before. It just feels amateurish.

Of course, it could be totally true and I'm just too suspicious, but grains and grains of salt are what I'm picking up and putting in my pocket.
My guess would be that the B Team wouldn't want to associate this game with DaS2 too much after it got heavy flag from the fanbase. And I find it more believeable that the devs would reuse older UI for a alpha instead of people spending hours in photoshop to then fake a dozen of screenshots just to have a laugh for like 5 seconds. But ofc that's still possible
There are certainly a few things that sound and look like improvements. For example the fact that both weapons are visible on your character instead of just the ones you are currently using. Generally the screenshots look very believeable and Bloodborne has also a similar leak before the screenshots got put in a animated form and finally officially revealed.
And Frankly the PC port of DaS1 only existed because of a petition and was a complete disaster that had to be fixed by a modder. The dev team was clearly not interested in porting the game over in the first place.
According to VGChartz's sale numbers the games sold like shit on PC (although these sales probably don't count steam sales).

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I'm still not convinced. Your explanation for the UI is shakier than the Silent Hills rumor and isn't really working for me. As well, you severely underestimate the amount of work people will put into a hoax. This video was posted online not too long before E3 2005. It was a supposed leak of Nintendo Wii, but before we knew it was the Wii or anything about the system. I guarantee that was more than a little bit of work, yet somebody still took the time to make and distribute it.

People will do a fair bit of work for a hoax. If the internet has taught me anything, it's that you should not underestimate the lengths people will go to in order to create a believable lie. Especially with E3 right around the corner, it is the perfect time to distribute something that seems to be believable, as that's when you get people absolutely wanting to believe it as truth.

Like I said, this could possibly, maybe maybe maybe be true. I'm leaning towards it being false though. Unless we see those exact images in a trailer at E3 or from an official reveal via From Software, I'm going to have to assume this is yet another unfounded rumor. The base rumor for this topic regarding DS3 existing at all I'm inclined to believe as the article writer seems very certain that their source is valid and correct. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure this info comes from the guys who made up or at least were the first to report on the Silent Hills rumor, so their credibility is low.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, I'm still not convinced. Your explanation for the UI is shakier than the Silent Hills rumor and isn't really working for me. As well, you severely underestimate the amount of work people will put into a hoax. This video was posted online not too long before E3 2005. It was a supposed leak of Nintendo Wii, but before we knew it was the Wii or anything about the system. I guarantee that was more than a little bit of work, yet somebody still took the time to make and distribute it.
However nothing about this seems legit. I don't wanna get into much detail as this is off topic but I can't believe people fell for this. Too many dead giveaways.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Apparently those who played the behind close doors demo of Dark souls 3 claim that DS3 reuses many animations from DS1, not 2, so my assumption that from soft doesn't want to associate DS3 with DS2, due to negative responds, sounds pretty valid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s