gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://gengame.net/2...k-horse-comics/

Dark Horse comic partenered with Nintendo in order to bring Hyrule Historia to America. FINALLY!
Will be released at 29 January 2013 with a retail price of 34.99$.

I'm throwing my money at the screen YET NOTHING IS HAPPENING!

CURSES!!!

EDIT: BTW, I'm not sure if this was the right place to put this topic, so if mods could put in an appropriate place, it would be great. Thx.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ZOMG!!!!!!

13034936768621.jpg

i only found out about this from a dup topic in the usn why the hell wasn't it there in the 1st place THIS...IS...NEWS!!!!!!!

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then again, im gonna pass. Most of the value (IMO) in the zelda series is from the fact that fan have tried to figure out the timeline since the days of Wind Waker. And frankly, I dont think we should see anything official till we get some sort of climax game in it, not per say the end of the series. To me this shatters, most theories of the series and messes up the fact that the story was great without making any chronological sense. All this does is pretty much tell us where the series will be going from here on out (Link failing to save Hyrule). FF didnt need a timeline, why does Zelda?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Then again, im gonna pass. Most of the value (IMO) in the zelda series is from the fact that fan have tried to figure out the timeline since the days of Wind Waker. And frankly, I dont think we should see anything official till we get some sort of climax game in it, not per say the end of the series. To me this shatters, most theories of the series and messes up the fact that the story was great without making any chronological sense. All this does is pretty much tell us where the series will be going from here on out (Link failing to save Hyrule). FF didnt need a timeline, why does Zelda?
I get what you're saying, but at the same time, i think the historia did open a lot of doors for theories, for every one it closed. Plus, not reading it isn't going to help "stimulate" former debunked theories, since the cat is already out of the bag, you know what I mean? Even if you and some other people who haven't read anything in the historia are theorizing on a thread or something, some other person could easily jump in and say "actually, Hyrule Historia confirmed/debunked X theory, bla bla bla." You know what I mean?

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
no here's the REAL timeline :creep:
lol that's bullshit and doesn't make any sense at all!

Many centuries prior to the events of the game, in the land of Hyrule, many parties sought to enter the mythical Golden Land, where the omnipotent and omniscient Triforce, a relic believed to have the power to grant the utmost wish of the person who touches it, was rumored to be found. Eventually, the thief Ganon managed to successfully do so, turning the Golden Land into an inhospitable wasteland known as the Dark World. In order to seal Ganon away and prevent him from causing more destruction and pain, the Seven Wise Men sought to seal him away in the Dark World.

Link never defeated Ganon.
The seven wise men sealed the ganon and the dark version of hyrule that he had created.

I'm not sure if the seven wise men are the seven sages. It all depends on if Link was killed before or after he awoke the sages.
If he died before he was able to awake the sages, then I have no clue on who the seven wise men might be.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link never defeated Ganon.
The seven wise men sealed the ganon and the dark version of hyrule that he had created.

I'm not sure if the seven wise men are the seven sages. It all depends on if Link was killed before or after he awoke the sages.
If he died before he was able to awake the sages, then I have no clue on who the seven wise men might be.

In all honesty the "official timeline" is by far one of the dumbest fucking things I've read and anyone who had a semblance of talent in storytelling and connecting narratives would just shake their head at this. Having a timeline that works on non-canon endings that players can NEVER get is retarded.

Reactions: 3 people

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
In all honesty the "official timeline" is by far one of the dumbest fucking things I've read and anyone who had a semblance of talent in storytelling and connecting narratives would just shake their head at this. Having a timeline that works on non-canon endings that players can NEVER get is retarded.
You can die and get game over =P
Hench where the A Link to the Past picks up.

EDIT: I'm now officially a triple badger.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can die and get game over =P
Hench where the A Link to the Past picks up.

Which isn't even canon since you just restart from your last checkpoint. Whoever thought of this timeline is just stupid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome