Dark fantasy action title 'Evil West' gets release date

evilwest.JPG

Developer Flying Wild Hog and publisher Focus Interactive have revealed the launch date for their upcoming dark fantasy, third-person action game Evil West: September 20th. To accompany the announcement, a new trailer was aired that provides a glimpse of the gameplay:

Jump right into frantic, gory carnage in a vampire-infested Weird Wild West as the trailer introduces gunslinger Jesse Rentier on his mission to eradicate the supernatural terror. As the star agent in his father’s undercover monster-hunting organization, his fight is also a personal war against the nightmarish leading figures in the vampire world. Take on Jesse’s role as the final line between humanity and the vampire threat, rise up to become a Wild West superhero and save the United States!

Get fired up by the explosive third-person action gameplay featuring an overpowering arsenal of weapons and guns. Take part in stylish, visceral combat as you unleash hell with your firearms, lightning-fueled gauntlet and gadgets.

Evil West releases September 20 on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC. Pre-orders are open on Steam and the Focus Entertainment Store with an exclusive cover art.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Reactions: Mama Looigi and SS4

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Day One. It's giving me some Darkwatch vibes and overall looks pretty awesome.
Flying Wild Hog have been busy this year!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would actually be quite up for old west/wild west horror becoming a theme for a little while. There have been a few attempts in the past in games that did actually quite respectably (even if nobody played it at the time) with Darkwatch probably being the most notable of the standalone ones

News post so song I guess

Not their best song but most fitting for right now.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WOW, this game has a lot of christian value in there!
Other than there being a church in the background of a few shots (imagine that for an old west setting, not to mention it tends to be a good set piece with them being the only large buildings in most settlements) and a grave marker in the end card please do share on that one.
I did not see much in the way of iconography or common/shared imagery on the PC, NPCs or enemies (compare something like Bayonetta, Sword of the Berserk or El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron). Similarly nothing really much in the background art. No particular morality tales (much less ones that would have been prevalent at the time) or twistings thereof (warrior monk/warrior priest/old west templar/pressed into service to save your soul is a fairly popular theme in this sort of fiction), no particular Christianity in the lore that we saw, echos of witchcraft panics...

Even Ghost Rider plays into that way more than I saw anything there do.

It is not impossible that all the monster designs were lifted from some obscure arcana somewhere (if these are Polish devs then they have some interesting history and art that is not always shared widely outside it) but I am at a loss on that one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse