Dark Cloud (3?) for the DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by SynGamer, Aug 15, 2007.

Aug 15, 2007

Dark Cloud (3?) for the DS by SynGamer at 3:21 PM (3,454 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. SynGamer
    OP

Member SynGamer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Whose with me on this? Likely no one but i would love to see another Dark Cloud game make an appearance on the DS. Level-5 made the previous Dark Cloud games as well as the up coming DQIX...

They have cell-shading down the the DS, just look at how great DQIX looks on the DS right now. And with the stylus i think they could make a great game. They would have to include the Spheda mini-game, that would be a blast if implemented properly with the Stylus.

*Edit: for anyone that hasn't played them, check out the wiki's as they get straight to what the games are about:

Dark Cloud 1
    Dark Cloud 2

2. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Isn't that the game with the Link ripoff as the star?

[​IMG]

3. SynGamer
    OP

United States
    Obviously you haven't played either game in the series or you'd remember what it was about. Great games, for anyone that hasn't played them, check out the wiki's as they get straight to what the games are about:

Dark Cloud 1
    Dark Cloud 2

For the 3rd game, taking elements from 2 would be great as that was by far a more complete game.

4. NetShira

Newcomer NetShira Advanced Member

United States
    Yah that's the game.. but that's just cover art. Dark Cloud 2 is better as it takes everything that people hated about the first one and adds asked for improvements. Rogue Galaxy is another recent, really fun game they released for the PS2. The Level-5 games have a concept that's fun where they let you combine items to form new items.. similar to an evolution tree... of course before you can combine those weapons you must level them etc. The play is what makes Level-5 games fun. Like Nipon-Ichi they make really decent RPG's.

5. damnet

Member damnet GBAtemp Regular

Brazil

Well, the second sounds good, of course a game like that on the ds would be awesome, not likely though, probably a sony exclusive franchise...

6. Awdofgum

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    I have the Dark Cloud 1 for PS2. It is really fun, i got to the town next to the ocean. But i deleted my save on accident so i just quit. I hated how you had to repair your weapon too.

7. SynGamer
    OP

United States
    Well, that i'm not sure of, but since they are not exclusive to Sony, and THEY developed the Dark Cloud series, its quite possible that could choose to bring that game to the DS...

8. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    i adored both games i still have them both i completed 1 but never finished 2 because it used to annoy my other half LOL. [​IMG] dark cloud was the first game where i literally had to stop playing because my wrists had packed in i'd played it so much. [​IMG]
    i'd love it to come to the ds [​IMG]

9. SynGamer
    OP

United States
    I've done that before...and i've also lost a game save a few times.

10. DSGRIM

Member DSGRIM GBAtemp Regular

United States
    When I was a kid I loved Dark Cloud. It was the most fun I have had playing a game in a long time, a Dark Cloud DS would be awesome if they did it like they did on the PS2 (if they change the gfx that will suck pretty bad but the story is great enough they prolly could get away wiith something cheesy)

11. SynGamer
    OP

United States
    Well, they are currently using (what seems to be) cell-shading for DQIX on the DS, so they could do the same for Dark Cloud on the DS. I just wish we could like.. i dunno, force them to make games for us [​IMG]

12. MC DUI

Member MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    No way I wouldn't want Dark Cloud 3 on the DS, IMO it would wreck it. Everything about the game screams for it to remain in the realm of the console, if anything it should come out for the PS3.

BTW [​IMG] Dark Cloud 2!

13. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    He's actually wearing a Turban.
    Yeah someone thought it was a good idea.

14. SynGamer
    OP

United States
    Well, the PS3 only have 4 million in its userbase where as the DS has like 47+ million according to Wiki. I think they could make it a great game on and for the DS...

15. MC DUI

Member MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    I could give a rats about the user base, I don't want a watered down version of Dark Cloud. If they make another Dark Cloud I want it to be full blown and better than the 2nd in every way including graphics and size. IMO they just couldn't do that if they made it on the DS.

I have no problem with them making a DS specific version of Dark Cloud but not at the expense of making another console version!

16. Spawk

Newcomer Spawk Member

Canada
    I loved both of these games and no longer own any playstation products so I would buy them in a heartbeat...

17. SynGamer
    OP

United States
    I would love to see two versions, one on the PS3/360 and the other on the DS. But at this point in time, i think they could tailor the game to suit the DS. Save anywhere, portable, stylus support...i just think it would work out well.

18. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i don't think it would work well on the DS as it's not powerful enough to handle the graphics, the game would have to be completely watered down and overhauled to optimise for the DS, i've completed and own both dark cloud games and enjoyed them both (btw dark cloud 2 is called dark chronicle in the UK)

no, the main character in the first game wears a turban, but dark chronicle (dark cloud 2) did play more like a zelda game, in a good way anyway.

dark chronicle PAL box art
    [​IMG]

dark cloud PAL box art
    [​IMG]

19. SynGamer
    OP

United States
    Now, does Sony own the rights to the game? Because last i checked Level-5 isn't owned by Sony...

20. zragnarok

Member zragnarok GBAtemp Regular

United States
    they will probably dumb it down with a boring plot and easy difficulty to cater to the majority of the DS audience