Gaming Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls coming to EU/NA this Fall

GameWinner

Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls will finally be leaving Japan this fall for a North America and Europe release via retail and digital download. The western release will include both Japanese and English audio.

Komaru Naegi, little sister to Makoto Naegi, has been imprisoned inside a mysterious apartment for over a year. One day, she is rescued by Byakuya Togami of Future Foundation, but the rescue is derailed by a sudden attack of hundreds of Monokumas. Komaru soon discovers that the city has been taken over by a group of children calling themselves the Warriors of Hope. Their leader, Monaca, declares that the city will be the site of a Children’s Paradise, and to accomplish this, all the adults will be exterminated. Komaru teams up with Toko Fukawa to try to survive the rampaging Monokumas, escape the crafty Monokuma Kids, and uncover the secrets of the city.
Key Features
  • Third Person Shooter Action Sequences: Use Future Foundation’s Hacking Gun to have a fighting chance against the hordes of Monokumas as you traverse Towa City.
  • Tons of Different Types of Ammo: Tackle challenges with multiple kinds of Truth Bullets, such as Paralyze and Link. Upgrade your firepower with special Bling Bullet modifiers.
  • Riddles and Puzzles: The Monokuma Kids will challenge more than just your trigger finger; you’ll need your smarts to survive as well. There’s a lot to discover in the city, with a number of familiar faces and mysteries to unravel!

Danganronpa-Another-Episode-Ultra-Despair-Girls.jpg
:arrow:Official Site

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... that seems... interesting. Don't know how much I'm going to enjoy it, but it's a Danganronpa game, so I probably will. Some votes over at Gamefaqs suggest the game is approximately 20 hours long. A tad short, but of well.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks interesting. I honestly don't usually like NIS games but Danganronpa is great. This seems very...N64/PS1 era, in a good way. Looks fun.
I'll prob get it sometime.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks interesting. I honestly don't usually like NIS games but Danganronpa is great. This seems very...N64/PS1 era, in a good way. Looks fun.
I'll prob get it sometime.
It's not an NIS game. It's a Spike Chunsoft game. NIS America is only doing the localization. Big difference.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
The turn around on translating these games is amazing!
I will be picking this up for sure but I really need to finish Goodbye Despair, I only played the first chapter and kind of forgot I had it!
What's with the Ultra Despair Girls subtitle though? Isn't that new to the Western release?

That trailer was really creepy! I hope Peko Pekoyama is in it (please don't spoil D2 for me!)

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The turn around on translating these games is amazing!
I will be picking this up for sure but I really need to finish Goodbye Despair, I only played the first chapter and kind of forgot I had it!
What's with the Ultra Despair Girls subtitle though? Isn't that new to the Western release?
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls, known in Japan as Zettai Zetsubō Shōjo: Danganronpa Another Episode (絶対絶望少女 ダンガンロンパ Another Episode lit. "Absolute Despair Girl: Danganronpa Another Episode"?),
Tomato tomato. Anything with NIS on it usually isn't great.
You could argue that a game being localized by a company means it fits that company's niche, but dismissing a game just because it has a company's name on it, even if they didn't actually make it, will make you miss out on a lot of quality titles.

Reactions: Steena

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Damn...now I really need a Vita. :/
Loved the first one on the PSP.

Vita is such an awesome handheld and I love it! Everybody is like ''it has no games'', well it has allot of awesome games, and it's cheaper than ever, so grab one and enjoy probably last of PS portables :yay:

Reactions: T-hug

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I watched the anime of the first danganronpa game, and absolutely loved it. Wanted to play it, but since I already know what the plot twists are, meh.
I'm currently playing the second game on the Vita, paused at the theme park since other great games came out and still have to pick it back up.

Not sure what to think of this, the reason I enjoyed the danganronpa games was because of the investigation parts, and the trials. This doesn't seem to have those. I'll probably pick it up either way, if it has a nice price.

Tomato tomato. Anything with NIS on it usually isn't great.

You can't be serious. I usually don't mind when people say 'studio X doesn't make great games', but with NIS(A), that's something different.

Disgaea and Cladun are pure awesomeness, La Pucelle, Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom are amazing, the two prinny games are great.

I just really can't understand how one person can say that 'everything NIS' isn't great. Maybe you mean 'not great =/= amazing'.

Reactions: Disco

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I watched the anime of the first danganronpa game, and absolutely loved it. Wanted to play it, but since I already know what the plot twists are, meh.
I'm currently playing the second game on the Vita, paused at the theme park since other great games came out and still have to pick it back up.

Not sure what to think of this, the reason I enjoyed the danganronpa games was because of the investigation parts, and the trials. This doesn't seem to have those. I'll probably pick it up either way, if it has a nice price.

You can't be serious. I usually don't mind when people say 'studio X doesn't make great games', but with NIS(A), that's something different.

Disgaea and Cladun are pure awesomeness, La Pucelle, Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom are amazing, the two prinny games are great.

I just really can't understand how one person can say that 'everything NIS' isn't great. Maybe you mean 'not great =/= amazing'.

If you watched the anime, don't play first game, it's the exactly same thing.
I have it, but didn't watch it, because I'd rather play the game ;)

GameWinner

Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't Youtube or Google this game. I think I already spoiled a big plot twist for myself when I was looking up the OST last night. ._.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey