News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
s7qCd7q.png

Danganronpa writer Kodaka Kazutaka has told polygon in an interview that development of Danganronpa 3 has started, though it is in very early stages. The script hasn't been written yet and everything can change at any given time. According to him, half of the japanese players want a new fresh story while the other half want a continuation of the existing story. NIS America already expressed interest in a localisation of a third installment.

Polygon said:
While both main games have included similar setups — being trapped in a school or on an island, respectively — the series itself has expanded. Spinoff title Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls, for example, is more of an action-adventure game. Although it's possible that Danganronpa 3 could play out in a similar fashion to its predecessor, Kazutaka said fans have been vocal about wanting something different. That includes ditching a new story and focusing on the series' overall narrative.

"It's pretty much split in the middle in Japan," Kazutaka said. "Half of them want to continue with [a] small group and what happens within there, and the other half wants more of the bigger story."

:arrow:Source

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I also hope it'll be for the Vita, it's my 18th birthday this year, and I'm finally planning to buy New 3DS and Vita from the money I get xD

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Other than the Android port of the first game, the series has been mostly Sony exclusive so far. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a Vita game. Anyway, I do kind of want to see it as a continuation of the series' overall plot. Though I haven't finished 2 yet, something tells me the second game was just the beginning of the bigger picture. It'd be a shame if they just let it end there.

Reactions: Lycan911

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I can easily count the second game as one of the very few I can call "Masterpiece" and I can't see how an installment wouldn't be a continuation of the original story.
I didn't finish the second 100% yet (still working on it but would very much like not to wait for an English version >.<

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Other than the Android port of the first game, the series has been mostly Sony exclusive so far. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a Vita game. Anyway, I do kind of want to see it as a continuation of the series' overall plot. Though I haven't finished 2 yet, something tells me the second game was just the beginning of the bigger picture. It'd be a shame if they just let it end there.
Could you please share a link for the Android port?
This is the first time I hear about this and I wouldn't mind playing it again.
I searched the Play Store and nothing other than the OST came up.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile

Its only in Japan, thus, you won't find it in Google Play unless you find a direct link to the app in the store (even so, Google play won't let you install it).

Reactions: Super.Nova

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they do decide to go in a different direction, I think it would be pretty easy if rather than catching the murderer, you had to murder someone and get away with it. That said, I want a continuation. Playing the second game right now and loving it. I will preorder this as soon as a localization is announced

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they do decide to go in a different direction, I think it would be pretty easy if rather than catching the murderer, you had to murder someone and get away with it. That said, I want a continuation. Playing the second game right now and loving it. I will preorder this as soon as a localization is announced
If the murderer isn't caught, they get to escape and everyone else dies. That means it'd only involve one case, or multiple cases, each with their own 15 member cast. I mean, I can understand a new story, but completely switching the game mechanics?

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the murderer isn't caught, they get to escape and everyone else dies. That means it'd only involve one case, or multiple cases, each with their own 15 member cast. I mean, I can understand a new story, but completely switching the game mechanics?
I mean near the end, not the beginning. Have it the same but for the end of the game killing someone, but rather than trying to solve it, trying to throw the other characters off. Probably a better idea for a spinoff, but it'd be an interesting concept in the very least

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

It's Japanese only, unfortunately. I only learned about it because Uchikoshi-san (man behind 999 and Virtue's Last Reward) posted up a link about it on his facebook page.

Reactions: Super.Nova

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1