Danganronpa 2 backporting Vita English translation to PSP (discussion)

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by reprep, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Malckyor

Malckyor GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2018
    Brazil
    I don't have much since I needed to check every character event, at least the two firsts.

When talking with Mikan in her first event the text go off the screen. This is the only line that this happens. Edit:I found another one.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is the weird part, as I mentioned before somewhere, now I have proof and I figured what is that, when selecting the options to Monomono Yachine or in the events with someone the options text gets mixed with some other texts, "hang out" "around", it seems that this is some other text options. I can't tell for sure every time this happened, but that is not the first time and I saw this happening quite a few times with different characters and objects. This one happens in Peko's second event, I reloaded the game and get a different text, also noted with Mahiro's 4th event (I guess, may be 3rd I forgot to note).
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do I still need to report the object names? Until you do a complete check and fix this, I won't report it anymore, since they are everywhere, almost all of them have this issue, in this area for example there's just 1 camera with "Camera" written there, each other object has only ????? written.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I was thinking, can you extract the English pics from the Vita version and try some converting to insert it here? And also the movies, if so this will help. I didn't understand much of that map when I saw it, but I was able to understand it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This also needs some translations, I'll wait until you get the menus fixed.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Just as I thought, this is as far as we can go right now, it needs fixes so we can proceed, it is impossible to proceed, the Bullets needs to be in English so we can shoot them knowing what they are, plus the words that appears, there is nothing to hit, my guess is that it's missing words and I can't even understand it, because it is the first phrase said and that doesn't make sense at all, so I was unable to fire any Bullet that worked, I tried all Bullets in every words but it had no effect, so it is impossible to go on. I will stop by then, once you have fixed I'll proceed at once.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    A preview:

This savedata is in the second free time, before the party and before the first murder.

The other savedata is in the first Class Trial.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Malckyor, Oct 6, 2018
    Edrich and Mexican-Metroid like this.
  2. hm7

hm7 Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2018
    United States
    Thank you very much for testing :)
    I do not have a lot of time to work on now this to be honest, very busy at work.
    Will post here any progress when made.

Mexican-Metroid and Malckyor like this.
  3. Malckyor

Malckyor GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2018
    Brazil
    Alright, when you have something you can send them to me and I'll test it, try it with any savedata that I gave to you and check for own whatever you like, I may have missed something on my way, I'll test some more just to be sure and try to notice if there is anything else that I didn't before, also I'm spreading this as much as I can.

Mexican-Metroid likes this.
  4. HoaiTrung97

HoaiTrung97 Hikikomori-Senpai

Aug 15, 2018
    Japan
    Shibuya New Generation
    Woah, great, I hope your project will be successful. (*‘∀‘)

5. Objection!

Objection! Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2015
    please please please please finish this project

6. Malckyor

Malckyor GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2018
    Brazil
    Let's wait for him to make any progress, he will contact me so I can conclude more testing. I'm still testing here slowly to see if I didn't miss anything.

7. hm7

hm7 Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2018
    United States
    I can assure you all that I am doing my best and I continue working on this project, however I do not have too much time these days. I do expect to make a new release with most of the bugs fixed by the end of October. Again, sorry for slow progress.

8. Malckyor

Malckyor GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2018
    Brazil
    Take your time, I'm always here.

9. Objection!

Objection! Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2015
    thank you so much!!!

10. 2PhoneShorty

2PhoneShorty Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2017
    Korea, North
    I read back in an earlier post about you wanting someone who can understand Japanese to help you navigate through some of the Japanese only files and folders. I know of someone however he curently doesnt have a gbatemp.net account. I could send you information on where to reach him if u want in a private message. Good Luck!

Mexican-Metroid and Lunos like this.
  11. anstaffer

anstaffer Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2018
    Poland
    Hi, how's project going? There wasn't any news lately and I'm starting to worry about it. I hope it's not going to be abandoned.

12. 2PhoneShorty

2PhoneShorty Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2017
    Korea, North
    I think this project will be fine. Just spread the word to anyone you know that is good at using a HEX Editor and familiar with ISO files

Mexican-Metroid, K034 and Malckyor like this.
  13. Malckyor

Malckyor GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2018
    Brazil
    All I can do is wait too, I just did the tests and nothing more, I can't help with anything else.

Mexican-Metroid and K034 like this.
  14. hm7

hm7 Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2018
    United States
    I am still working on this project but I am really busy these weeks, so not much progress done

Mexican-Metroid, K034 and anstaffer like this.
  15. Malckyor

Malckyor GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2018
    Brazil
    Did you fix the issue in the Class Trial?

Mexican-Metroid and K034 like this.
  16. hm7

hm7 Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2018
    United States
    Sadly not yet

K034 likes this.
  17. K034

K034 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2018
    Spain
    Hi, im new on this page. I just registered for this forum, because i really like this project. I'm still learning to program, so i cant help with much, but i can still test it on my psp and my phone to search for bugs and more, this is the only forum which is working on danganronpa 2 for the psp so i would really like it to end well and dont end unfinished. If you have any updates dont hesitate to tell us pleasd

18. anstaffer

anstaffer Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2018
    Poland
    Have you made any progress in this project?

19. K034

K034 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2018
    Spain
    I dont really know, he said end of october and rn we are on december, so he probably left this project. We have to wait till a other one keeps the project on or we can still see if he says something

Edit: i wanted to see if he did any updates so i went to his account right now and as i saw his las time seen was not a long time ago, like 2 days atm,and his only thread is this one. I dont really know how to interpretate this but he hasnt left the account yet, so i still have my believe on this

Last edited by K034, Dec 1, 2018
    Malckyor and anstaffer like this.
  20. Malckyor

Malckyor GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2018
    Brazil
    He did contact me on that day, so I will say that he told me that he is very busy at work and have done minor progress, so he is working on this project slowly and will say anything after he has done some good progress.

Mexican-Metroid, Lunos and Objection! like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted