Danganronpa 1+2 Reload coming to PS4 for $39.99 2017

Discussion in 'PS4 - Games & Content' started by chavosaur, Oct 4, 2016.

1. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    dg12-ultra-3djpg-f47aa2_765w.jpg
    The greatest games for Vita are making their way to the PS4, most likely to coincide with the soon to release Danganronpa 3 on PS4.

The standard physical and digital copies will retail for $39.99, but there will be a limited collectors edition pictured above for $59.99, and will come with a hardcover art book, sunglasses, a monokuma coin and a sticker!

:arrow: SOURCE

2. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Is there any content added to the games that make them worthwhile for owners of the Vita versions?

VinLark likes this.
  3. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    You can play the game again...... on PS4.

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N likes this.
  4. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    No, they are straight ports of the originals.

5. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    The more people who get to play this series, the better. The Steam port sold really well, so I hope this version does too.

6. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Cool, never heard of it (only just recently got a pstv). Sounds fun.

7. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    Finally I find a new high school with a lot of kawaii gurls,

Found one kawaii gurl, but got murdered
    Found another kawaii gurl, but she got murdered too :(
    Found another kawaii gurl... AGAIN, but it turns out that she is he!

100/10 would cry hard again on ps4 XD

keven3477 likes this.
  8. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somwhere you can never find.
    I am happy that it is coming to ps4 but it is a little to late for me since I recently finished playing the pc ports. now if only another episode would be released to ps4 or pc that be great.

9. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Please forget this game. It's really not worth it.

ultramario1998 likes this.
  10. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    I'd buy it so much... if I owned a PS4. Then again, I did get Gravity Rush: Remastered and I am getting Gravity Rush 2 despite not owning a PS4, sooooo that's not really a reason.

11. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    Watched a few gameplay videos to see what type of game this was. I'm still none the wiser as all I saw was text dialogue scenes.

12. Langin

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    I don't think you'll ever get a good taste out of videos of this game. It's a weird one.

Its a visual novel and I think the closest thing you can compare it to is Phoenix Wright. You have to solve murders through gathering evidence and with that you enter the so called class trials which help you solve the murder completely. The is good because of the fantastic writing, diverse characters and the actually fun gameplay! You can for example walk around the school in Dgnrp 1 and explore it.(Although there's not a lot to do.)

I'd say get it, I was not into these type of game before I got this one but gosh darn it's good! (I especially like 2 by the way!)

13. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    What imporvement did the reload versions have to the OG versions of D2+1? on the vita i mean?

14. Mr.ButtButt

Mr.ButtButt The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3

Sep 22, 2015
    United States
    is it worth it? never got the pc versions and the vita version doesnt work for me.

15. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    The original 1+2 Reload release in Japan was the Vita remasters of the PSP originals bundled together, though it was split into two games releasing separately in the west. This is just gonna be the Vita (or more likely, Steam) releases upscaled for the PS4 with no new content.

Think Phoenix Wright but with high-schoolers, real-time trial scenes (with rhythm minigames), Persona 3/4 Social Link-style free time events, and everyone around you dying horrible deaths.

Anyways, it's only $40 for both games. If you've never played either it's a good way to start, although it lacks portability and it's not that much cheaper than picking them both up during PSN or Steam sales.

Last edited by FireEmblemGuy, Oct 5, 2016
    Chary likes this.
  16. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Seeing as how the Danganronpa 3 anime contains major characters and references from Another Episode, I imagine the game itself will too. If you don't wanna slog through the admittedly annoying gameplay, go buy the game then watch story mode videos on Youtube to get the story without "pirating."

Bimmel and Chary like this.
  17. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    It does? Interesting. Did not wanna watch it because of spoilers for the 3rd game.

But which story do you mean, as Another Episoder has very little to offer in this aspect. Or maybe I should say, most of it is not worth mentioning. Yes, I was very disappointed. ;-)

18. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Danganronpa 3 (the anime) has nothing to do with Danganronpa V3 (the upcoming game); it tries to come up with a tidy ending for the universe of 1/2/AE and kinda fails miserably. One of the episodes in the Future arc is basically a followup to Another Episode but provides next to nothing of value, and a couple characters from the game show up a few different times.

gnmmarechal and Bimmel like this.
  19. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Have the developers of Danganronpa V3 come out and said that the anime (and therefore the previous three video game entries) will have nothing to do with each other, or are you just assuming? Considering the trailer has Usami/Monomi (Danganronpa 2) and Shirokuma and Kurokuma (Another Episode), it seems likely that they'll be tied together.

20. Frederica Bernkastel

Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

GBAtemp Patron
    Frederica Bernkastel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 31, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Hinamizawa
    Loving the PC versions right now and am trying to pick up the LE Vita versions. I want to pre-order Reloaded so bad, but it's not available on the European store yet.