Dang it Nintendo!

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by jumpman17, Dec 16, 2006.

Dec 16, 2006

Dang it Nintendo! by jumpman17 at 4:51 AM (1,966 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. jumpman17
    OP

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    Well, IGN has an article up where they talk about the Japanese version of Pokemon Battle Revolution (out now in Japan). The game is the first online game (Elebits doesn't count because it's not multiplayer) and Nintendo decided to be idiots and have the game use it's own friend code different from the console's friend code...why must they make online play difficult?

2. Akoji

Member Akoji +5 internets to psyfira for avatar.

Canada
    yeah but they are quite stupid , they says that the game lags on the internet , well im quite sure he played with japan players , so it quite sure that the game gonna lag if they play someone overseas on a server based in japan , it the same thing with import games like Jump or Bleach on the DS.

3. jumpman17
    OP

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    Being stupid doesn't change the fact that the game requires you to have a separate friend code different from the console's friend code.

4. Akoji

Member Akoji +5 internets to psyfira for avatar.

Canada
    Yeah i know , sorry for being off topic , but i just hate Matt from IGN , he always bash the Wii for absolute no reason , he's an asswipe in my book.

But well i would not find the point of playing pokemon with a complete stranger , I find that it a game i would only play with personal friends or fellow forumers.

5. SYN7HOR

Newcomer SYN7HOR Advanced Member

Sweden
    I just got the Xbox 360 and I'm glad I did. Nintendo doesn't understand the joys and possibilities of online functionality. Fortunately M$ does.

Ever since Nintendo revealed the wiimote I planned on getting one, but after buying the wifi dongle for DS and experiencing what "online" means to Nintendo, I knew there would never be a living online scene for wii.

Why Nintendo, why?

6. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    I don't have any problems with friend codes and think the DS wifi is set up well.
    I do have a problem with needing seperate friend codes on the wii though.
    It really doesn't make sense that I can't just play with friends registered to my console already.

I don't believe that it is any sort of technical issue and there are parental options that could be used for not letting certain or all games be played online without a password.

So yes I'm disappointed with this.

7. ZeeMox

Newcomer ZeeMox Member

United States
    If this is to become a trend, it means no online play without a unique copy of the game, correct?

That's a shame. But honestly, I wasn't impressed with the Nintendo Wi-Fi Network on the DS. Lags like hell on almost every game I have. My wireless router serves up a nice 2 megabyte/second connection to my PC, so I know it's not on my end. It's just not a good multiplayer service. I probably won't play games online with the Wii. Besides, it's not nearly as fun playing online as it is playing with people right next to you.

8. pikachucrackpipe

Member pikachucrackpipe President

United States
    are you really surprised? its like that with every ds game

9. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    How does the seperate friends code work? Do you get it assigned automatically? Or does the friends code come with the original game to stop people copying it, then going online with it?

10. ZeWarriorReturnz

Banned ZeWarriorReturnz Banned

United States
    Wait, Isn't PBR supposed to be RANDOM people battling? Or can it also be used with Friend Codes?