Dane-Elec 1GB

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by kaneda_df, Jan 13, 2007.

Jan 13, 2007

Dane-Elec 1GB by kaneda_df at 10:42 PM (1,053 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. kaneda_df
    OP

Newcomer kaneda_df Newbie

Brazil
    Somebody tested this card in r4ds? it functions perfectly? it congeals in the PoR or Tony Down hill? I have two choices, or this or one kingston 512 MB which I must buy?
    Thx for help! [​IMG]

2. ukipunk

Newcomer ukipunk Member

Argentina
    Kingston = Quality (Not 2gb one's)

3. comapro

Newcomer comapro Advanced Member

United States
    All I gotta say is that a large part of my job is selling used computer memory and Dane-Elec is one of the crappiest brands I sell.

4. pitprop

Newcomer pitprop Member

United Kingdom
    I have a Dane-Elec 1GB

Its the same card as the Japanese made Kingston 1 GB ( both made by Toshiba)

I have no problems with it on my R4.
    I have not played Castlevania POR ( but there does not seem to be any card that has been proved to run this without problems)

Don't believe any generalisations on memory cards. They are few manufacturers of micro SD cards. A lot of brands are made in the same factories ( to the same spec) , just badged and packeged differently.
    The Viking 1 GB card is the same as the Dane-Elec and Kingston ( Japanese version only)and Toshiba 1GB card.

5. kaneda_df
    OP

Newcomer kaneda_df Newbie

Brazil
    Nobody has this card? No slowdowns? the speed is good? I was thinking if this dane-elec would be better that those kingstons that they are not made in Japan… I do not believe that all these cards are made by the same factorie. Here in Brazil I dont have too much choices, I just found fake cards, and this dane-elec 1GB and kingston 512MB I sure they are original...so I have to choose one of these two.

Thx for replies and srry for the English! [​IMG]

6. 111111111

Member 111111111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Zimbabwe
    The Daneelec card is exactly the same as the kingston japan, viking, toshiba, and 95% of other japanese manufactured cards (all made by toshiba). The difference between them is by what margin they passed QC. Cards with a higher tolerance are sold to the "premium" brands that offer lifetime warranties. Lower quality ones from the same factory are sold off to other brands such as viking, etc.