Dance battle game 'Groovy Central' announced for Roblox; will feature Kinetix's new AI tech

groovy.JPG

Developer Retro Shrimp and AI-assisted 3D animation company Kinetix have announced a collaboration to work on Groovy Central, a dancing game for Roblox. The game will leverage Kinetix's AI technology to create unique moves.

Features of Groovy Central Include:

• A Dancer of Your Own: Dozens of pre-designed dance moves will be available at launch and ready for customization. As players earn credit for wins, they’ll be able to unlock the ability to build and buy their own dance moves! It’s the ultimate in self-expression via dancing!

• Play, Judge, or Just Vibe: Groovy Central is a social experience that lets players enjoy it how they like, be it taking part in the action, helping pick a winner, or just hanging out in the virtual clubs and chatting with one another.

• Multiple Environments: Dance inside or out, with clubs, outdoor music venues, and more planned as “battlegrounds” for dancers. 3D environments feature dazzling animated effects from colorful dance floors to cool landscape objects, including pyramids, forests, and more.
Groovy Central is expected to release sometime this summer. But Kinetix's platform is available to use for free online to create animations from videos, with no coding required, that can be used for your own projects.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ugh.
I don't understand this game and other stuff for kids these days.

Cartoons are way more childish, but at the same time, games are creepier and creepier.

The 90's had cooler games (and a healthier lifestyle).

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ugh.
I don't understand this game and other stuff for kids these days.

Cartoons are way more childish, but at the same time, games are creepier and creepier.

The 90's had cooler games (and a healthier lifestyle).
Roblox is right now going from a weird transitiom where the company goes from saying it's a "game" to an "experience" to be part of the Metaverse.

And I guess if you want to push buttons while saturated colors blast through your eyesockets, this is the game for you.

Reactions: MarkDarkness

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Roblox is right now going from a weird transitiom where the company goes from saying it's a "game" to an "experience" to be part of the Metaverse.

And I guess if you want to push buttons while saturated colors blast through your eyesockets, this is the game for you.
That whole "experience" stuff is crap, it's a game for all intents and purposes and the way Apple and Roblox lied through their teeth was just cringe inducing.

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
That whole "experience" stuff is crap, it's a game for all intents and purposes and the way Apple and Roblox lied through their teeth was just cringe inducing.
Absolutely. It's fucking vague and Roblox was never meant to be part of some kind of Metaverse. It is and always will be a game engine, and for something that's "part" of the Metaverse, they have the fucking audacity to ask you to show your ID to enable voice chat.

Listen, if I want to hear children scream racial slurs at me without having to take a photo of my ID, I'd play CS:GO instead.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm guessing this is some sort of pose estimation ai... why roblox though? the blocky models just make any animation look bad no matter how good your ai is, waste of computing resources imo
Because it's one of the biggest games right now. It's not good, but it caught on and has the right audience for this. Us old people wouldn't just stare at a screen for 10 minutes and move on, but kids can loop things infinitely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: