Gaming Damned shoulder buttons!

Rokku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought when I got a DS Lite that the shoulder button failure my Phat had suffered would be gone.

I was wrong.

Only nine months old, and the L trigger on my Lite is DEAD. That's just it, it's dead.

It should still be under warranty, but this is ridiculous...

Rokku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
IIRC Lites are known for it more than Phats... with DSi a close second (got it myself, thankfully warranty took care of it).

Huh, didn't know that.

I tried the blowing, I'll see tomorrow if that fixed it. If not, I'll just send it out over Christmas break.

D

Deleted User

My L trigger occasionally gives out. Makes it hard to play Shinobi Retsuden 3.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
jgblahblahblah said:
Same here! L button eventually broke, had battery troubles, dad tried to fix it, ended up ruining the power switch,bought a XL just last night or so my XL's L button broke.(L buttons seem to eventually brake)
EDIT:@ 8bit Waluigi, I did that also worked for about 3 minutes, L button craps out again.
I just blow into it whenever I need it (Before a Mario Kart race for example).

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
jgblahblahblah said:
8BitWalugi said:
jgblahblahblah said:
Same here! L button eventually broke, had battery troubles, dad tried to fix it, ended up ruining the power switch,bought a XL just last night or so my XL's L button broke.(L buttons seem to eventually brake)
EDIT:@ 8bit Waluigi, I did that also worked for about 3 minutes, L button craps out again.
Blowing doesn't work for me at all. L button occasionally works when HOLDING down the L button, tappin' don't do sh!t.
You must not be doing it right. I rely on the shoulder buttons in MK. You have to blow for about 5 seconds.

D

Deleted User

Funny No-one spoke about the R button, LOL. Why is it always the more important L button.

D

Deleted User

Rydian said:
Mine was the R button.

Damn Bangai-O Spirits...

Well your "Name" (recognise the quotes) starts with R so look at the irony and you being the odd one out. At least for DS Naruto games there is not button pressing for clashes. But for SR3(Ninja Destiny 3) substituting kills the L button. I have yet to lose in that game.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine wasnt working for a long time. But now it is.

Heres the story. One day I wanted to play music on my DS Lite while I was taking a shower. So i did. While I was taking a shower, I felt like changing the song that was playing. I have terrible eye site so I thought my hands were dry enough to press the buttons. I couldnt see, so I spilled water nearly all over my ds. After i took a shower, i let the darn thing dry. after 2 days, i started to l play with it again. i musta got some water in the shoulder buttons and washed out the dust. its lucky to be alive after it "nearly drowned."

tl;dr: water got in shoulder buttons, probably washed out dust. THE END.

D

Deleted-236924

8BitWalugi said:
jgblahblahblah said:
Just use X if you need to use items.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over