Damn those RARE bastards!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Gamesphere, Aug 1, 2008.

Aug 1, 2008

Damn those RARE bastards! by Gamesphere at 7:34 PM (1,871 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. Gamesphere
    OP

Member Gamesphere GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, so Im chillin on the Nintendo Channel(What! I was bored [​IMG])

And I come across the Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise video! Im practically drooling while Im spamming the A button for the video to play. [​IMG]

Video plays and the games is frickin beast, Over 70 Pinatas to attract and all that good stuff. [​IMG]

The trailer is starting to end, I sit up waiting for a release date..... [​IMG]

"Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise! Coming soon to a DS near you!"

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Damn those RARE bastards! When is the frickin game coming out?!

I swear in a recent interview I read on Gonintendo, They said the game is FINISHED! [​IMG]

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Its out in September, people who have played it say that its amazing! All say that its bigger than the 360 game (which I loved) and that its truly amazing how they bettered it in every way.

I really can't wait for it, its been a while since Rare did a great handheld title.

3. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Wait, Viva Pinata was made by Rare? Awesome, didn't know that.

I loved their old Donkey Kong games. I even have the Donkey Kong Country for GBC to this day. I still play it to kill time sometimes.

Well, I'm looking forward to the game then.

4. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    wtf, since when did RARE start dev-ing for Nintendo again? I thought they were microsoft property now!

5. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    M$ doesnt have a portable. So its fair game there.

6. Flawsdraw

Member Flawsdraw GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Rare is owned by microsoft but they probably have in their contract to build for other consoles + Donkey Kong is Rare made but Nintendo owned so they prob still have ties.. but what baffled me is the fact Viva Pináta was actually made partially by Microsoft Studios aswell but all of a sudden its hitting DS???

7. Gamesphere
    OP

Member Gamesphere GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The game REALLY looks good. I really mean that. I honestly can't wait....September eh? hmmm at least I have Madden 09 All-Play and Soul Cally 4 to tie me over

8. Baroque Obama

Newcomer Baroque Obama Advanced Member

United States
    i believe there is a point where there are too many smilies in one post. that threshold has been crossed and destroyed in this thread.

9. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    Will there be any wifi support for it?

10. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    If Rare is making DS games, I would love to see a port of Banjo Kazooie for the DS. It would be a hard game to port over but it is do-able if you make the touch screen for movement and activating abilities with a side bar on it, then using the control pad for certain functionality and the buttons for jumping, doing flips and such. Not really a fan of Viva Pinata though, I will wait to see what reviews say before deciding whether or not I want to play it.

11. DSGamer64

Canada
    Microsoft does not own the rights to the Viva Pinata franchise, it was created by a group of Canadians and is therefor owned by the creators who license out the name to Microsoft/Rare.

12. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    I loved BAnjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie, but recently I started playing it on my favorite N64 emulator for the PC ( awesome graphic by the way, it's incredible how good those games look in higher resolution, really nice and colorful ), but you guess what ? As much as I liked it back in the day, I found it actually boring to go around and collect, collect, collect.
    I mean even if the story is funny, and the animation superb, level design ahead of its time, you still have to go aroung and collect this and that all the time.
    This is typical for most platformes of the time, but seriously, that kind of gameplay does not stand nowadays.
    It actually prevented me from finishing DK64, even though I went very far with it, at one point I realized that I had to collect all the coins/bananas of one color, then switch to another kongo and collect more coins/bananas of a different color, then backtrack, switch to another kongo and do some more collecting and so on......
    Pretty boring nowadays if you ask me.
    But I really loved those games and a remake/sequel would be lovely to have. A straight port however could be redundant though.
    Anyway the GBA had a good Banjo Kazooie game, not 3D though, but still good if you ask me.
    And I think it was definitely a bad move for Rare to go to MS. The kind of games they are good at are really well suited for Nintendo consoles.
    Had they continued doing games for Nintendo's platforms, they might have still be very successfully......

13. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Microsoft tends to allow any of their subsidiaries to build for Nintendo hand helds, although not for PSP it seems.

14. DSGamer64

Canada
    Only because Microsoft sees Nintendo as not being a big threat to them in the console market from a hardware standpoint. Yes the Wii is insanely successful, but Microsoft is trying to topple Sony and the PS3 in Japan, not to mention since they don't have a handheld it is not a really big deal. I mean we had Age of Empires on the DS which was a fairly difficult strategy game. Despite M$ not having a handheld, they just plain don't like Sony I guess.

15. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Definitely one I've been very much looking forward to. Don't own a 360, and Viva Pinata was a game I was really attracted to, so this will be a real treat. But hell, September's simply going to be an amazing month for DS. Was checking IGN's release list, and there are a lot of promising games slated for that month -- too many to list here. It always seems to be feast or famine.

16. Trippy

Member Trippy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've never played viva before, but from what i've heard, it rox. But i can wait a few months.

17. DespizingU

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Viva Pinata is one of my favorite 360 games, so I am definitely hyped for this DS game. I hope it's going to be just as good.