Damn my spring broke

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Kiok, Aug 10, 2007.

Aug 10, 2007

Damn my spring broke by Kiok at 8:47 PM (1,016 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Kiok
    OP

Member Kiok GBAtemp Regular

Jamaica
    I dont believe it i just got my r4 this week and my spring already broke wtf. I guess i kept taking it out and in so many times in one day blame pokesav for that! Im guessing theirs no real way to fix it huh? Btw i did not jam it in or do it very fast i always took my time.

2. Wuschmaster

Member Wuschmaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    this is just what cheaters of online games deserve
    [​IMG]

3. retman

Banned retman Banned

United Kingdom
  4. Takrin

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    search the thread, theres ways to fix it by removing the spring also if you crimp the metal slot a little your micro sd wont flop out as easily without locking mech

5. Kiok
    OP

Member Kiok GBAtemp Regular

Jamaica
    Oh yeah i saw that video a while back but thats not really my problem. I just dont hear the clicking sound no more when i put the micro in r4. Feels better to but. Taking it out requires some nails.

6. JacobReaper

Member JacobReaper I Love You....

United States
    mine broke 2 days after i got it [​IMG] were all victims in the cold town.. [​IMG] and i didnt even know about pokesav back then, [​IMG] i was just pushing it in and out, ahhaaa

7. roguetrip

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
    it must be pokesav!!! i never played it and my R4DS has been fine for around the month i've owned it!

8. gecco69

Newcomer gecco69 Newbie

United Kingdom
    mine is still working after 6 months!

I'm just always very careful when taking it out etc...

9. ILLnz

Newcomer ILLnz Newbie

New Zealand
    Mine stopped working about 2 days after I got it, then 2 months later it randomly started working again. Then it stopped working again 2 days after that [​IMG]

10. mkdnn02

Newcomer mkdnn02 Newbie

United States
    Mine lasted a week. Not that its anything a small piece of black electrical tape cant fix. But damn if your not careful that microsd will shoot out across the room.

11. bahng

Newcomer bahng Newbie

United States
    Best advice for anyone with an r4 is to remove the spring lol. My microsd flew a few meters but luckily it landed on the couch.

12. JacobReaper

Member JacobReaper I Love You....

United States

lol.. funny story [​IMG] once mine shot further than 20 feet at the park.. lol, good times.. but that time was by accident, then after that, my friends and i just kept shooting it out to see who's could shoot the furthest..... mine won (21 feet [​IMG])....... then i brought up the fact that we can break our micro sd cards VERY easily [​IMG] , then they immediately in unison stopped [​IMG]

13. cheapassdave

Member cheapassdave GBAtemp Regular

United States
    the spring in mine also broke in the first week of use. but it is an easy fix. there used to be a really good tutorial on r4's forum but its gone. like Takrin said you can either fold the metal piece (which i did), or remove the spring. i personally like the spring because you can easily take the sd card out without taking the r4 out of the ds

14. D3FAULT

Newcomer D3FAULT Member

United States
    This happened to my brothers, and my friends. (hasn't happened to mine yet though...) My brother just uses tape, because he is too scared to try and fix it (ghetto ftw), and my friend just took the spring out. I suggest the 2nd option, if you know what you are doing, that is. You don't want to screw it up even more. =P

Also, careful when you take the screws out (if you do). They're freaking small. I would know. I opened mine the first day I got it to see what was inside, and almost lost one of the freaking things. =P