Damn Birds...

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by nileyg, Apr 28, 2007.

Apr 28, 2007

Damn Birds... by nileyg at 10:53 PM (2,675 Views / 0 Likes) 31 replies

1. nileyg
    OP

Member nileyg GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So, a baby bird fell out of a tree in my backyard, and being nice i thought i would try to put it back in its nest...
    I climbed the tree and had someone hand me the bird when i got within reach of the nest.
    As soon as i put it back in its nest, a shit load of birds come out of nowhere and start pecking at my hands and shit. As I was trying to get away I stepped on a weak branch, fell, and landed flat on my back...
    ...Now I hurt...
    ,,,I hurt BAD...
    ...Fucking Birds...
    :'(

2. Caoimhin

Member Caoimhin GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    But remember, you did something good. The birds probably thought you were stealing the baby, but they would thank you if they knew you were saving it.

3. Taras

Member Taras I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'

United States
    Pwnt!

4. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    that is so sweet [​IMG]

5. nileyg
    OP

United States
    My back still hurts REALLY bad...
    ... and I've had a pretty bad headache all day too...

6. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    M***** F****** Birds.

I bet they're gonna try to eat you in your sleep, just sleep with your eyes open.

7. nileyg
    OP

United States
    Noooooo....
    Hey, i just remembered that movie "birds"
    [​IMG]

8. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    [​IMG]

....sorry [​IMG]

I hope your back and headache get better soon. Well done rescuing the baby bird [​IMG]

9. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    Well what did you expect, a thank-you card?

10. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Snakes on a plane...

But really, i feel for you mate! You should get your shotgun (you're american right) and shoot them to hell!

(ps: american with guns thing was a joke)

11. skullstatue

Banned skullstatue Banned

United States
    Hand over your freedom, bend over and take it in the ass. Enjoy big business, war mongers raping your rights to the day you die. Anyone that resists the propaganda that has invaded the mindset of the average television viewer is obviously an idiot, right? Join the clown parade, but make sure you are willing to die for the good of the billionaires telling you what to believe, otherwise, you won't be a true clown.

Damn birds, good thing that wasn't a pack of crows, those bastards like to attack for no reason sometimes. I heard they won't accept a bird after it leaves its nest or if it's handled.

12. antwill

Member antwill Better Than You

Australia
    Not really the right time for an americans with guns joke OSW. I read somewhere that if you touch the baby birds with your hands the mother would know and abandon it....too bad about your back, taken a lot of pain killers?

13. nileyg
    OP

United States
    [​IMG] "I'm sick of these mutha fuckin catz on this mutha fuckin plane" [​IMG]
    We had rubber gloves, so hopefully they will take it back.
    And no, i didnt expect a thank you card [​IMG] , i just wish i hadn't fallen outta the damn tree...

BTW it's Juggernaut who has teh shot gun [​IMG]

14. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Well, now you have something to tell the ladies:

Hey, babe... yeah, my back is kinda sore, I climbed a 60 foot tree to get a baby bird back to its nest, but I somehow failed to see the bear, so it pushed me off... but you should see him, yeah, there wasn't enough of him left to make a rug...

"Wow, tough, yet sensitive [swoon]."

Yes, yes, that's me. Now, this other scar I got while I was saving an endangered eagle from coyotes...

15. nileyg
    OP

United States
    or...
    I could just...
    nope...
    nevermind, i'll do that...
    [​IMG]

16. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I maybe getting confused with which animal here. But arn't you not meant to touch a bird? Can't remember if the mother kills them after they've been touched or disowns them.

17. tyasawa

Member tyasawa GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    >_< a week after i arrived in australia... i was eating doritos while walking in the uni park.. then suddenly a white striped crow like bird fled really fast towards me (or my doritos) :/.. i swear if i didnt dodge that.. that stupid bird might hit me in the head.. what make it worse.. :/ couple strangers laughed at me..

the next day.. i was about to ride a ferry to city, i was walking in the street when 2 birds came out of nowhere towards my head.. :/...then i went to dreamworld.. stupid ibis stole my lunch.. 'o'

and there were a few other bird incidents.

XD.. does my head look like a nest? or birds hate me... :/ in case u're wondering.. no i dont hab nest-like afro hair.. its dark straight normal hair.

birds are everywhere in here.. now if there is a bird make a suspicious move.. i'll dodge naturally.. :/ even if at most cases its just me being paranoid [​IMG]

18. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Reminds me of my favourite bird rescuing experience.
    Sitting there watching TV one morning and a lump happens in the fireplace (it has been boarded up), cat looks intently.
    About a minute later you can here something scampering around and eventually a small bird pokes its head out of a hole (the whole was too small for it to get out though). Cat is going crazy right now.
    Deciding that the last dead bird decided to stinky up joint somewhat a rescue mission was planned.
    Over the course of the next half hour a file and several minutes of dusty work widened the hole.
    My sister spies the cat getting prepared (font low to the ground and shaking at the back) so I have to dive and grab the cat. I pin the cat getting nicely scratched up in the process (gave me some cuts that what would have resulted in "is everything OK at home?" sort of thing as well).
    Bird pops out and I begin to wonder if it was wise to teach the cat where the carotid artery was in a human it is going that crazy.
    My sister opens the window and the bird makes a sketchy decent to the floor, one of my other cats (who is decidedly wobbly in her old age) seems to have the years fall off and the second the bird hits the floor bam hit by a bus.
    My sister shrieks and I bust out laughing (and continue on that way for about 30 minutes). Good times.

Still a messed up back is no fun, hope it sorts itself without a trip to the chiropractor.

19. Caoimhin

Member Caoimhin GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Maan, Hitchcock saw the future xD The birds will gather and attack us [​IMG]

20. nileyg
    OP

United States
    It's almost 3am here...
    But i'm too afraid too go to sleep
    [​IMG]

Goodnight...