Daigasso Band Brothers (non DX)

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by gerf, Aug 6, 2008.

Aug 6, 2008

Daigasso Band Brothers (non DX) by gerf at 6:08 PM (1,375 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. gerf
    OP

Newcomer gerf Member

United Kingdom
    Hi all im kinda new to this site but been lurking a while and seeing whats going on with the scene.

I have been modding games on the pc for a long time and recently decided I would get into the DS scene.

Ive been playing the original Daigasso for quite a while now and finally have got fed up enough of japanes conversations and menus to attempt a full translation.
    I know deufeufeu has done quite a lot of work on this in the past with his song and intrument translations and his expansion song mods, But I thought id try and do a full conversion that i believe the game deserves.
    Im gonna be working alone on this project so may take some time (especially as its my 1st ds mod). But Ill try and keep you upto date with my progress as i go on.

In the meantime I do have a question about the songs in the game.
    I have come accross 2 song files that exisit in the game that I have never found anywhere when playing, I wondered anyone knows if these were extras that were never implemented or hidden songs that ive never been to access. I cant even find any mention of these songs at all on deufeufeu's site.

If anyone knows anything about where these songs occur in the game i would love to hear from you.

The files are :
    - hyousho.bin - This appears to be "Hail the Conquering Hero" by Handel
    - konrei.bin - This appears to be the "Bridal Chorus" by Wagner

Anyway best get back to it, It wont get sorted by me staring at this pc screen all day ....... oh wait it might [​IMG]

2. deufeufeu

Member deufeufeu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Cote d'Ivoire
    good luck !
    I'm not quite sure it's needed considering daigasso DX improves in everything over daigasso, but it's only my opinion [​IMG]
    These two songs are used as demo songs for the editor if I remember well. Therefore I did not included them in my patch because the file format was lacking compared to bbdx custom songs.

3. gerf
    OP

Newcomer gerf Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for that deufeufeu, Ill have to take a closer look at demo mode.

Im using this project as more of a practice than anything, start on a rom that appears to have very little compressed formats before moving onto something bigger and better [​IMG]

4. gerf
    OP

Newcomer gerf Member

United Kingdom
    Just a brief update.
    Im slowly getting there with this, just aint had much time to work on it recently [​IMG]

Also I been slightly sidetracked, cos not had much luck with any existing graphics/tile editors to modify .ndfp/.ntdt files so been making my own. I know crystaltile2 is supposed to be able to view/edit these but i didnt have any luck with it. So the tool im making is just a conversion toot to switch between these formats and .bmp.
    I plan to add more formats once i get it up and running and release it as a community tool.

5. ZeroEXE93

Member ZeroEXE93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm actually looking forward for this despite being slightly outdated. As long as I get a full translation of Pro-Edit, I'm fine with it.

Good luck!